Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Where to buy Ciener.22LR conversion kit other than directly from J.A. Ciener?

It looks like Midway USA discontiunued selling the Ciener .22LR conversion kit for Taurus PT92/99. Does anyone know where I can buy the kit other than directly from J.A. Ciener? I found a lot of complaints on about dealing with them directly when I google on the net. It ranges from no-delivery to up to like 6 months before they delivered. It doesn't look like deltaforce.com or high-desertdog.com has their kit in stock anymore. I don't see any on the gunbroker, auctionarms or gunsamerica for sale.

Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    I believe Brownell might still carry them. I bought mine direct and though a bit slow I got it fine and it works perfectly on my PT92.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Brownell does not carry that anymore, at least they are not listed on their website. May I ask when you bought yours from Ciener and how long did it take for delivery? I am wondering if they are getting better in terms for delivery time. I found some recent complaints on the web dated April and May this year.

Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9kbc View Post
    Brownell does not carry that anymore, at least they are not listed on their website. May I ask when you bought yours from Ciener and how long did it take for delivery? I am wondering if they are getting better in terms for delivery time. I found some recent complaints on the web dated April and May this year.
    I bought mine in August 2010 and if I remember correctly it took about 4 weeks till I got it. I sent in the order form with a check. I never could contact them and wasn't real happy at the time but the conversion kit worked out fine. At that time Midway USA didn't carry them and if I had to do it again that is the way I would go. Perhaps you should call Midway and see if they expect to get some in and when.
    Joe

makes you a musician.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Midway USA is actually closing out on all Ciener conversion kit products. A couple of weeks ago, it says Beretta and Taurus kits backordered and last week they changed the status to "Discontinued by Midway USA" and now all the remaining Ciener 1911 kits and magazines are on closeout status.

Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9kbc View Post
    Midway USA is actually closing out on all Ciener conversion kit products. A couple of weeks ago, it says Beretta and Taurus kits backordered and last week they changed the status to "Discontinued by Midway USA" and now all the remaining Ciener 1911 kits and magazines are on closeout status.
    Perhaps Ciener has gone out of business then. They sure had bad customer service in spite of making one of the best conversion kits. I might have to see if they have one that will work on one of my 1911 at Midway before they sell all of those.
    Joe

makes you a musician.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links