Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ramline MAS 9017 magazine for PT92?

I found one of these in 17 round and ordered it. I couldn't find that magazine by searching. Has anyone tried one or is there maybe a thread with a review that I missed? It's not easy to find the 17 round mags, it seems.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6543 times
    Welcome to the forum. Where did you order the mag from?
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
    "I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce." - Margaret Mead
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sand Lake Texas 2014
    Milford Hills Wisconsin 2014

Member #
    Liked
    1159 times
    If you need magazines for you PT92, try Mec-Gar. They are said to be as good, or better than the O.E.M. magazines. Mec-Gar makes: 10, 15, 18 and 20 round mags. for the 92/99 series. Here's the page. Taurus - Magazines - Mec-Gar - World's Finest Firearm Magazines
    I have 9 mags for my PT-92. Three are O.E.M., four are Pro-Mag, and two are the Mec-Gar mags. They have all been 100% reliable. The P-M mags don't look as nice, but they function. (Mec-Gars are the prettiest. lol)

Member #
    Liked
    7295 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus5 View Post
    I found one of these in 17 round and ordered it. I couldn't find that magazine by searching. Has anyone tried one or is there maybe a thread with a review that I missed? It's not easy to find the 17 round mags, it seems.
    the only ram line mags that i have tried were for 22's, I have several friends over the years that have tried them , honestly none have been overly impressed with thier quality or longivity.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I found them on gunbroker.com. I didn't pay much, so I won't expect too much. I went to my local gun shop the day after I paid for the mag and asked it they had any PT92 magazines. The salesman's eyes lit up and he pulled out a drawer full of 15 round magazines. Apparently Taurus shipped them a load of PT92's with 5 mags included with each pistol. They included 3 but kept two mags each and now they've got about 40 or so magazines they cannot unload. $10 each and i found one 17 rounder (Taurus branded) for $15.

Member #
    Liked
    1159 times
    $15 for Taurus mags? At $36 retail, I'd buy several.
    Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

Member #
    Liked
    7295 times
    Yep, 10-15 bucks for Taurus 92/99 mags can't be beat!
    CDNN has them but i think they are about 29-30 bucks there for the true Taurus mag.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I was at a gun show today and bought some mags. I accidentally bought one of these Ramline mags. The reason I say accidentally is because I didn't realize until I got home that it is functionally different. It was the only 17 rounder the guy had so I got it. When I got home and stripped all of the mags to clean them I found that it was different. I uses a tape spring instead of a conventional spring. It's attached to the top of the mag with a rivet and the other end of the spring is attached to the follower. So the spring pulls the follower up to the top of the mag. I don't know how well it works yet. I bought it, two 15 Taurus mags, and an anonymous SS 30 rounder for $60. I wish I had looked closer and noticed that it wasn't conventional but I've got it now. When you take the cover off the bottom no spring pops out and you wonder WTF?

Member #
    Liked
    620 times
    I got a 17 rd Ramline with my preowned pt99 (and a Taurus 15 rd that was promptly lost or stolen). Nearly 500 rounds through it, no malfs - gun or mag.
    The .44 Special: If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

Moma's, don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4243 times
    Current Taurus pistols have been shipping with 17 round mags in the PT92/99 series. Mec-Gar mags are great, but you have to watch what the state, as some aren't flush-fit, unlike the OEM mags.

Ram-Line manufactured magazines for these pistols some years ago. I was unaware that they still made them. Note, Ram-Line has discontinued magazines under their own name. They now manufacture magazines under the Shooter Ridge brand name. They now make magazines for rim-fire rifles, ONLY.

At one time, Ramline even made a rim-fire pistol. Their magazines were mostly for range use, and even there, heavy use normally used them up in short order. The constant force spring was a good idea, but never fully exploited by the company.

Sponsored Links