Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Best Nines-Best 9mm

10K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  sysanalyst 
#1 ·
#5 ·
For my region those haggle prices are about $100 to high. The CZ is questionable at #1, there is better ones out there in that price range.

#6 ·
I would like to know where they get their data from, to allow them to rate any handgun. Some guy who lives in Lebanon, OH?

And no, I do not agree with their list based on shooting or knowing people who have used most of those guns (not all)

#21 · (Edited)
Yeah, and listing the Cz75 AND the Armalite AR-24 is kinda redundant isn't it?
Not really. The CZ75 is made by CZuB in the Czech Republic. The Armalite AR24 is made by Sarsilmaz in Turkey, and that design is based on the Tanfoglio (Italy) small frame design. The AR24 is more similar to the EAA Witness. While there are many similarities and early Tanfoglio Pistols were largely copies of the CZ75, the designs have changed in many ways over the years.

This Website is one persons opinion and should be regarded as such. This persons expertise and experience are unknown.

#12 ·
I have only shot 4 of the guns on that list. I would rank them.
1. PT 92
2. XDm
3. P250
4. G17

#13 ·
I would swap positions with the SR9 and P95. The P95 is more to my liking, DA/SA, so that's just ME. :D I like the way they talk about the built quality of the Taurus guns that made the list. Very refreshing. :D

#16 ·
I am Glad to see that the PT917 made that list. I think the comments overall are pretty accurate, especially the first line "The PT 917 is a work of art and one of the most beautiful handguns ever made." My opinion is truly biased and I must say I do not have experience with every gun on that list but The 917 should be in the top 10 for sure. When I hold this pistol it just feels natural,it is very well balanced and totally comfortable. And did I mention it is also deadly accurate! By far it is my favorite 9mm!

#18 ·
I've found that many of the Taurus haters have one thing in common, they have never shot a Taurus.

They just repeat the same trash talk they've heard bandied about.

Take one to the range and let him test drive your pet Taurus and I bet you make a convert!;)

#19 ·
Oh how right you are.

#22 · (Edited)
I too, take these things with a grain of salt.

Each of us could comprise our own list and they would not be identical. Many of the same guns would be on the list, but perhaps the order would be different. Also, I'm sure that other guns not mentioned would also appear. Personally, I'm glad that the PT92 made the top 5 on this list, as I love this gun very much.

As a member of several forums, I can tell you that the PT92 gets only a small fraction of the credit and respect it deserves. The clueless in this world just consider it another Taurus, and all the negative rap carries over to the 92.

I can also tell you that all across the world wide web, people just wet their pants with excitement when they talk about the CZ75B. I can understand why this holy grail made the number 1 spot. When they discuss CZ vs. Beretta my lowly PT and I just get ignored. Only one of these three guns give you the choice of "both" cocked and locked and/or decocked and locked (that would be mine).

All said, I am very happy that Taurus did so well in this particular comparison.

Lee

Reactions: PATRONE
#23 ·
This is list I read over twice before making my first 9mm buy. Choose the PT809 and couldn't be happier. Have since added a used 24/7 and PT111. So far so good. Oh yeah and have the Walther P99...no lie bout that trigger.

#25 ·
I own a Taurus PT99SS, and a Beretta 92FS Centurion. My opinion has them tied in the #1 spot.

#26 ·
#1. browning high power #2. cz #3. pt99/92

#29 ·
Interesting..

I would put the 92/99/917 as #1. They are basically the same core gun.
I would put the M&P 9 second only because I like the ergonomics better than the Glock.
The G17 would be third and I imagine it is one of the most sold of all the models.
I will leave the 4th for XD and XDM. Whether you like them or not it is a great design.

#30 ·
That list again... sigh... I'd say that list is good for a newbie to browse through, pick one of the top 10, and you should be okay. Beyond that, don't read in-between the lines too much and be careful what you end up paying as some of those price ranges are a bit on the high side, at least in my neck of the woods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.