Thread: PT945 Magazine

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT945 Magazine

Howdy folks!

Still waiting for my PT 945 to arrive at the dealer but did receive a couple of Taurus manufactured magazines, in anticipation of needing more. Went to pull the base plates off, to clean inside the mag bodies and it looks like it may be a bit of a trick.

The floorplate has a hole with what looks like a disassembly button but I was unable to push it in with a reasonable amount of force. It also looks like the base is pinned in place on the magazines.

Anybody with a PT 945 take their mags apart?

Thanks!

Jon

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Got it!

Tap the pin out, wiggle the base enough to push the floor plate in a bit, slide back to the notches and hang on! First one sprung across the room.

Nice clean mags now. Waiting for the gun.

Jon

Member #
    Liked
    1270 times
    Umm. I just push up through the hole in the bottom with an RCA male connector (Old sound guy) and the base plate just slides right off. No parts removal required and no pin tapping...

Enjoy your 945! It's a great handgun and I use it as my EDC. You get the SS?
    You can't lose your Freedom like you lose your keys, it can only be given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Umm. I just push up through the hole in the bottom with an RCA male connector (Old sound guy) and the base plate just slides right off. No parts removal required and no pin tapping...

Enjoy your 945! It's a great handgun and I use it as my EDC. You get the SS?
    Yes, DID get a stainless version! Advertised as "mint" on GB...for $350!

That was quite a bit lower than other SS prices I could find. The seller's pics looked great.

Dealer called awhile ago...it came but they are still at their dayjob.

More later!

Jon

Member #
    Liked
    3178 times
    You picked up a great gun there, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I have a 945 also, tossed on a Hogue Handall and the gun feels so natural in my hand. Just to warn you, avoid stell case ammo as much as possible. I've run about 250 rounds of TulAmmo through it, but I've. Had more than my fair share of FTE's using that stuff, but anything brass feeds like they were coated in bacon grease. FMJ and JHP fire every time, and the gun is balanced nicely. Great pickup for 350, you'll be happy.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Got It!

Picked it up this evening...still have to go to the range and launch some lead.

Really clean, not in any worse condition than I've seen in the stores. It will require a cleaning prior to the range on Thursday, though.

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by planeflyer21; 06-13-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Thanks for clearing up the mag disassembly issue for me. I just bought a 945 to add to my 911 and got a couple mags off EBay and wanted to clean them real well before using them. I'll try the pin then see what happens. I also got a Stainless one off GunsAmerica for $375 with only 20 rounds through it. This baby looks like the day it was shipped from the factory! I'll post a Range report in my gallery this weekend.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1972 times
    Congrats on the new-to-you PT945!

Look forward to reading your Range Report!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Links