View Poll Results: What 800 Series Pistol(s) Do You Own?

Voters
403. You may not vote on this poll

92 22.83%

74 18.36%

142 35.24%
  • I own 2 or more 800 Series Pistols

15 3.72%
  • I Don't And I have No Plans To Purchase One

19 4.71%
  • I Don't But I May Purchase One In The Future

43 10.67%
  • I Don't But I Definitely Am Going To Purchase One

18 4.47%
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 800 Series Owners Step Forward

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Just picked up my stainless steel PT809 and I love it so far. Put a 100 rounds through it without a glitch. Shots were dead on right out of the box and the trigger feels great. It's my first Taurus but as long as this gun keeps performing it may not be my last.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 809User View Post
    I own the 809 but as of today considering dumping it.
    ill take it off your hands. lol.
    im actually about to be in the market for an 845.
    but an 809 would hold me over until i could rustle up the cash for a new 845.
    -Gregg

Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

current toys...
    Taurus PT145 (blue) a.k.a. Tori
    Taurus PT738 TCP (stainless)
    marlin 70hc .22lr

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Bought my blued 840 a month ago. fired 115 rounds so far w/o complaints. Shoots great.

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    I've owned an 845 for awhile, Still have the original magazines that I modified so it would function reliably. Probably have over 2500 rounds through it now, and it still shoots most of a magazine into one ragged hole at 7 yards.
    "The internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI."

"The nine millimeter is for killing europeans, for truely dangerous people you need a .45."
    Col. Jeff Cooper

" George Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

"Life is tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    I've owned an 845 for awhile, Still have the original magazines that I modified so it would function reliably. Probably have over 2500 rounds through it now, and it still shoots most of a magazine into one ragged hole at 7 yards.
    How did you modify the magazines? I have been having some feeding issues with my 845 that I think are mag related.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    809 in SS.

Purchased it to use as a primary duty weapon for the higher capacity then my 609.

Only put 100 rounds of ball and 50 of JHP thru it so far.
    When I get more range time with it (say, after about 1000 rounds) i'll take it to work and qualify with it.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    24/7 sights work, front and rear.

Also, mil pro rear sights work.

I swapped my rear sights with a mil pro guy who hated the straight 8.

Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    The trigger on my PT809 is nothing less than awesome. Nice to purchase a great feeling gun that handles fast and no need for a trigger upgrade. +1 for Taurus on this design, personally I don't see a need for any aftermarket stuff. It does what it is supposed to out of the box.
    Last edited by Mtnculturerussell; 07-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnculturerussell View Post
    "...personally I don't see a need for any aftermarket stuff. It does what it is supposed to out of the box."
    This is easy. When we buy things we're into like cars, guns, homes, guitars and etc. many of us want to "soup" them up. Personalize them and impart some of our own personalities into our purchases. For instance, Taurus doesn't offer the 800 series with night sights. They do however offer the OSS with night sights and they perfectly fit the 800 series handguns. On the other hand I'd like to see a competition trigger for the 800 series. Not that I want one but I'd like the option. Aftermarket parts are evidence the industry has accepted a gun and that Taurus plans to keep making them for a while. How many folks here would prefer to get their 800 series mags from Mec-Gar or compensators, ported barrels and slides and match barrels and triggers from other vendors that recognized the staying power of the 800 series would be nice too. The bigger reality is that the 800 series has been out a couple of years now and you still can't find but a couple of holsters designed specifically for it. That tells me that holster manufacturers have looked at the potential purchase market and decided it wasn't worth it to invest in the tooling and design.

Adam
    "Now go out into the highways and hedges where not even the Bishops will try to hinder you. Go out and look for Jesus in the ragged, in the naked, in the oppressed and sweated, in those who have lost hope, in those who are struggling to make good. Look for Jesus. And when you see him, gird yourselves with his towel and try to wash their feet." (Bishop Frank Weston, Bishop of Zanzabar 1923)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EBK View Post
    845 owner checking in. Just picked it up last weekend put 75 rounds through it and could not be happier
    I notice from your signature that you have a FNP-9.

I've narrowed my next purchase of a .45 down to the PT845 and the FNP 45 USG. Mostly because they are the only ones I've found in that caliber that are fully ambidextrious with "cocked&locked" capability. I'd love to hear from you, since you own both, how they compare. Different calibers, I understand, but as far as feel, control, accuracy, ammo compatibility, and any other things you've noticed.

Thanks!

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links