Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PT915 Queries

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT915 Queries

Hi all,

I have searched previous threads for an answer to my two queries, but I'm not seeing anything - so hopefully I am not going over old ground.

1) I carry a PT915 (aka 911) for personal protection when I am working in africa. The juristiction in which I work prefers that all handguns are carried with a lanyard (even when concealed! I don't make the rules!) But I cannot think of any way to attach a lanyard to a PT915 - any thoughts on this? Could a mainspring plunger from a PT92 be modified?

2) My PT 915 is about 12 years old and is of an early configuration without a rail. Does anyone know if any of the Laserlyte gunsights could be adapted for use on a 915? Or are there other solutions available?

Best wishes.

BB

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16433 times

Re: PT915 Queries

I don't know the answers to your questions; but I want to welcome you to the forum!

Lee
    Leejack-TexasAviator 2016.... Setting Americans Free! ... I'm Leejack and I approve this message.

Sleep tight tonight, your United States Air Force is on duty! ............... 85 Rocks!

Remember The Alamo!

Member #
    Liked
    19686 times

Lanyard loops (or rings) can be ordered from several sources and aren't that difficult to install.

www.gunpartcorp.com
    www.midwayusa.com
    www.gunpartsonline.com
    www.sarcoinc.com

If you don't have access to them or a gunsmith you can make a "field expediant" lanyard loop from a strip of spring steel or wire.

Remove either grip panel loop it around either of the bottom screws and re-attached the grip panels tightening the screws enouth to secure your make shift lanyard loop to the gun's grip.

Now attach your lanyard to the loop and hit the trail.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17619 times

Welcome Bwana:

Whether you’re seeking info on Taurus pistols and revolvers, reloading tips, concealed carry suggestions, general handgun safety and handling, or you want to jump in and make a contribution to any of our various sections, you have certainly come to the right place.

Moondawg is one of many knowledgeable and friendly folks who hang out on this fine forum. Hang tight, some more Taurus gurus will be along shortly to offer their suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    1017 times

Welcome aboard from Tampa Bay, Florida. I'll bet you like it here.
    O.K. For your first request, I would contact Taurus directly, explain the requirements of your jurisdiction and see whether they will sell you a factory lanyard ring.
    Second, I found a company that sells a laser pointer that should work with your PT 915. I was considering the purchase of one for my PT 908 which also does not have the rail. Here's that web page. Good luck. Please keep us posted.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BHX4N8/...SIN=B004BHX4N8
    They are very inexpensive, so I can't attest to their durability. That style of mounting system has been discontinued, thus the low price. Get extra batteries, too. Those are probably old.
    Update: I just found this laser with mount for the 915, 940, and 945. It's new to me, too.
    http://dealer.americantactical.us/products?product=11 It also appears that you'll need these screws to mount it. http://dealer.americantactical.us/products?product=13
    Taurus PT-92, PT-908, PT-111Mil
    Taurus M-94 (2), M-96, M-605

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks guys - much appreciated. This is indeed a friendly place.

Drummin Man - thanks for those links - the American Tactical solution is ideal - I tried to buy the mounting / laser combo you drew to my attention. Sold out at present. I have emailed them to see if these sights will be coming back into stock; no reply so far. Another small problem is that they don't ship outside the US, but I can overcome that.

Moondawg - I shall try the wire. I am in Europe currently and wont be reunited with the 915 until July; but I shall try it then.

Many thanks again.

BB

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quick update - I got no response from American Tactical, but I found a distributor of CAT laser-sights here in the UK and they will get me (after some months!) the model of mount & sight that I need.

Laserlyte returned my emails eventually - with an apology for taking so long (well done them) but say that none of their products can be adapted to fit a 911 /915. However, they say that they take a note of all requests, and if there is sufficient demand for a sight for the 911 / 915 they will consider making one. My reseach tells me that that all 9 series Taurus pistols have the same size of sight. If this is the case, maybe all interested 9 series owners should be registering that interest with laserlyte!

Best wishes everyone.

BB

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

One last thing - what would be your thoughts on the best holster to use with the laser sight attached? I prefer IWB but am flexible if an IWB holster for the 911 with laserdoes not exist.

BB

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2155 times

I recommend and use the Don Hume H715M IWB holster, but it will not accommodate a large Laser. When you use that or similar holsters, use it's clip on your pants and run your belt OVER the clip and it will stay put when you draw.

This holster fits/accommodates my Taurus 24/7 and PT908, the latter which is similar to your PT915/911. It also can be used with my .45 EAA Witness (Tanfoglio) though it sticks out the bottom a bit.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    1017 times

Here's one. I spotted it to try with my PT-92 or PT-908. http://www.holsterss.com/servlet/the...r%2Crail/Detai
    Taurus PT-92, PT-908, PT-111Mil
    Taurus M-94 (2), M-96, M-605

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links