Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Taurus PT22 sale

Just did my weekly academy sales check and this week they have a PT22 on sale for $199.99 anyone have one? good price? wasn't looking for a semi auto 22 but this seems like a good deal
    PT 92 x2
    PT1911AR
    Model 627SS-4

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: Taurus PT22 sale

Wife had one but when it would jam she could not pull the slide back to clear it so i got her a 850 cia.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times

I bought one for my wife and between us we have put 200 rounds through it without any jams. The slide is tough as heck to rack but you shouldn;t have to with the tip up barrell. I only rack it after I clean it to make sure I got it back ok. I shoot CCI Mini Mags in it since you need a hotter round to blow back the slide. Nice little gun. Good feel in the hand although longer trigger pull than what I was expecting. Not bad though.

At $199 it's a good deal. I pd $220 for mine and thought it was good.

I say go for it.

Dave

Member #
    Liked
    52 times

I bought one several years back for $189. As DaveJ said, it needs a hotter round. I use just the bargain bulk stuff and get an occasional jam. I've put a lot of rounds through mine. It is a fun gun to plink with. I have the stainless version. The tip up barrel is much easier to use than racking the slide. Cleaning is a breeze - slide and frame - just two pieces.

Member #
    Liked
    81 times

Yea, what everybody else says...

I'm going to get one tomorrow. My wife and I bought a pt22 used and it was just junk. Wound up trading it at a gun show a few months back, only lost about $75 on the deal (that included paying the $50 to ship to Taurus for repair). Traded it in on a pt25 that we paid +/- $209 for.

Great center fire gun, just that 25auto ammo is like $15 per 50. A pt22 that shoots 6 cent per round stuff would be just perfect. My wife carries any number of pocket pistols, including the pt25 with Hornady XTP jhp. Absolutely the very minimum for sd in my opinion, but something has gotta be better than harsh words if the shtf. I just miss shooting the cheap stuff since we're at the range about 3 times per month.

So... another $200 pt22 is in my future
    The gun that's in the Academy ad....
    Bitten by the gun bug..... bad

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I had one it was very reliable.
    A lot of people complain that it is difficult to pull back on the slide. That's why you put a round in the chamber using the tip-up barrel as the owner's manual recommends.

Member #
    Liked
    1034 times

If only they weren't D.A.O.
    Taurus PT-92, PT-908, PT-111Mil
    Taurus M-94 (2), M-96, M-605

Member #
    Liked
    3869 times

I like the sights on the PT22 better than the ones on my Beretta 21A, but prefer the option of SA on the Beretta and at Belly to Belly range the sights don't make much difference!
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    228 times

I have a Beretta "Jetfire" in both .22 and .25, and also looking to get a Beretta .32.....

I like them both, the Beretta .25 is a great deep concealment pistol. The .25 is a loser of a round for SD, and it's not priced at "plinker" prices, you might as well shoot 9mm Para. The Beretta .22 Jetfire is a nice gun, a little small for a "plinker" and the sights are non existent but would be good for a "last ditch" defense gun.

The Taurus PT22 and 25 seem like good "working" guns, something reasonably priced that I won't lose sleep if I get a scuff or scratch on the finish. Taurus makes good autos, I can't imagine them messing up a straight blowback small auto. DAO is a plus for me, no hammer to snag, and think of it this way...........it's a draw and shoot "get off me" gun, not a bullseye pistol, and worst case scenario if you have to use it to defend your life, DAO looks better in court, when the prosecutor makes it look like you "ND'd" into the perp.........you can't have a "hair trigger" on a gun that cannot be cocked! When the adrenaline is pumping and your point shooting at bad breath range, you won't miss the SA option.

I can get a PT25 for $209, more so because I don't have a lot of cash and was looking for another excuse to buy a CCW gun. I don't think I would get the PT22, since I already have several .22 LR handguns. Not a "bash" against Taurus but I am looking for a reliable "beater" small auto for pocket carry that I don't mind getting dinged and scratched up, I would be pocket carrying it often and I don't like the thought of putting my $400 Beretta in my pocket clanging against my car keys or getting thrown in my glovebox every day before I go into the building where I work.
    Model 82 x 2 ,late 90's models DAO
    Model 80 ,1993 production
    Model 80 ,late 70's production
    Model M380, bought NIB
    Model 65, early 90's production

Member #
    Liked
    81 times

Some good info there, stm86.

I looked at the pt22 yesterday and it's very plain-Jane. As I mentioned before, I have the pt25 in Rosewood and nickle/blued finish. My wife really likes the gun and sometimes carries it when she's not carrying her .38special Pink Lady or pink framed TCP728.

She just feels more comfortable with a safety and if that prompts her to carry, then it'll have to do in 25auto flavor......

We go to the range quite often and I could shoot a whole magazine of bulk stuff for about 25 cents as opposed to $2 for 25 auto stuff. The price difference alone will make up for spending $215 on another pt pretty quickly in my case.

After seeing the boring gun in person yesterday, I'm seriously considering getting a 'spiffy' looking pt22 from budsgunshop for $201 (plus $25 in FFL fees for a total of $226)

The extra $11 is well worth it to get a nicer finish/grip combo. I did see Beretta bobcats at the last gun show for about $250 before tax
    Bitten by the gun bug..... bad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links