Taurus Firearm Forum banner

PT99 rear sight on a PT92

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  joe sixpack 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if a PT99 rear sight will fit a PT92. It seems that aftermarket rear sights may hinder the hammer when it comes to cocking. The PT99 sight doesn't have that issue.

Scott

#4 ·
Scotto, just curious;

What are you doing that requires adjustable sights; long distance targets or something?

I ask because I had a 99 for a long time and never felt the need for the adjustable sights; that's why I went with a 92 this time.

just curious,

Lee

#5 ·
The indoor range I shoot at is a 50'. At 50' it shoots about 6 inches high and 1.5 to the right. This is with the gun on a sandbag. I just want this to hit what I'm pointing at, that's all. I used an M9 while I was in the Army and am very familiar with this, so that's why I want to keep it, but if I'm not going to be totally happy with it I won't shoot it. That's just the way I am. I may trade it for a XD or a 24/7. Something that fit's my hand a little better.
Scott

#7 ·
don't know what to say about the 1.5 to the right? maybe trigger control? maybe the gun?
as for the shooting high have you considered using a different weight ammo?
something lighter will/should shoot lower, of course if you are using 115 grain then I don't know!
if using range reloads then a faster bullet will/should shoot lower !

#9 ·
joe sixpack said:
im curious are you left handed?

is it in DA and SA you have this trouble?
I'm right handed and was firing SA with the gun rested on a sandbag.
Anyhoo, I traded the gun for a new XDM 9mm so my problem is solved.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.