Member #
    Liked
    1 times

taurus pt 809 aftermarket barrel

Hi guys i have a question may sound dumb but here it goes i was thinking can you install a glock 17 barrel ? in a taurus pt 809 reason why looking for a aftermarket long barrel
    for better accuracy and better fps i love the gun but man no aftermarket parts at all no full guide recoil rod or recoil spring sigts trigger thank you

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Re: taurus pt 809 aftermarket barrel

I used to go through the same thing. About the only pistol Taurus makes that you can buy custom parts for is the 92.That is because they are pretty much the same as the Beretta 92. I have my 92 done with custom sights, springs, and grips. It will shoot with my Glocks. I bought the Glocks because you can get parts for them from hundreds of sources, and they are extremly accurate,as well as easy to work on. I did keep all of my Tauri except the OSS. Taurus needs to get the aftermarket suppliers on board if they intend to keep up with a few of the other pistol makers. I have never understood why there are not more custom parts available for Taurus. The 17 barrel lock up and diminsions are different than your 809. Save the hassel and buy something different if you want to customize.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: taurus pt 809 aftermarket barrel

No, and there is no aftermarket for Taurus pistols. You can work with some parts on their Beretta and 1911 clones. The Springfield XD, Glock, and S&W M&Ps have a broad aftermarket that includes match, extended, ported, and compensated barrels as well as a variety of trigger-tweaking kits.

Links