Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Rear sight dot wear on PT92

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  joe sixpack 
#1 ·
Kind of weird I've never had a sight dot disappear before. The white center or the left side on my rear sight is no longer white just has a hole there like the white part fell out or faded away. Is it actually an insert or can I just put a dab of white paint in there?

#2 ·
weird.. uh believe it's just painted.

can get safety paint at hardware store.. or you can buy actual purpose sight paint.

you'd be surpised how well nail polish works (*hint hint* go swipe some from your wife, girlfriend or female family member/friend)

#5 ·
just a dot of paint!
you more than likely got gun cleaning solvent in it, or gun scrubber and it just came off, or possibly it wasn't clean when the factory applied it and it just popped out.
as mentioned above all these will work, and they will remain nice and bright if you put a coat of clear nail polish over them after applying them.
there is the Nite Siters that is advertised here, and my favorite is actually a hi glo paint that is Glonation.
glonation.com i think.
it comes in seevral colors and glows in the dark for several hours after being exposed to light.
I'll post a couple pics for you to look at in the next post.

#6 ·
;D
the first pic is of the 738 with glonation apint and the 709 with nitesiters.
the second picture is the 738 with glonation paint in full sun.
hope this helps some!

Attachments

#8 ·
they look just like the regular white dots that come on the pistol.
honestly both the nite siters and the glonation paint charge in just a short time.
Of course the longer the charge the longer the glow!

#10 ·
trijicon.

you'll have to get the front sight drilled for a lamp though..

anyone who will do this for the beretta 92 can do it for the pt92 procedure is the same.

not sure.. think trijicon them self do the service.. if not a smith can do it for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.