Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: PT 92 AFS Locked and Loaded...AND LOCKED UP

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21116 times

PT 92 AFS Locked and Loaded...AND LOCKED UP

Went to the range today and brought the PT 92 to see if the light strike issues was resolved. No only was it not resolved, after performing second strikes on a half dozen or more rounds the slide locked solidly about 1/4 inch out of battery. Could not get that sucker to budge. Gun shop owner put the slide in the vise and beat on it to no avail. Not wanting to bring it home with a live round stuck somewhere (my neighbors would probably frown on a discharge in the basement) I left it there for his gunsmith to work it out.

Not real happy with Taurus or my PT 92 right now.
    Sekol, muddcatt54 and Taurus_9mm like this.
    A good sign with a gun never stopped a bad guy with a gun.

Member #
    Liked
    20032 times
    Czechbikr - sure didn't want to "like" your post - we definitely need an "acknowledged" button. Sounds like a horrible range trip! What a pain in the pat-toot! Gosh knows what the gunsmith will have to do to get the round out!

My dear old PT58 had a problem where the slide would not come off at all!! I was lucky, tho' as there was no round in it at the time. How does one even walk off the firing line with something like that stuck in the pistol????After a call down to Miami, it got sent on a vacation trip where they did all sorts of stuff to it and replaced springs and even the grips - and now it works and looks real pretty!
    muddcatt54 likes this.
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5362 times
    My PT99 did that when the locking block broke. Just a wild guess on that, but if you can get it open just enough to push the broken piece back down, it comes apart. That's a huge if, no way to know if that's it until you get it apart.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekol View Post
    Czechbikr - sure didn't want to "like" your post - we definitely need an "acknowledged" button. Sounds like a horrible range trip! What a pain in the pat-toot! Gosh knows what the gunsmith will have to do to get the round out!

My dear old PT58 had a problem where the slide would not come off at all!! I was lucky, tho' as there was no round in it at the time. How does one even walk off the firing line with something like that stuck in the pistol????After a call down to Miami, it got sent on a vacation trip where they did all sorts of stuff to it and replaced springs and even the grips - and now it works and looks real pretty!
    Very carefully...I placed it in my bag and went back out to the counter and told Bill that I had a problem. He tried in the vise and couldn't get it open. I said that I wanted to leave ot for the gunsmith and he seemed surprised. I said that I didn't want to work on it with the live round in it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by 88keys View Post
    My PT99 did that when the locking block broke. Just a wild guess on that, but if you can get it open just enough to push the broken piece back down, it comes apart. That's a huge if, no way to know if that's it until you get it apart.
    That is probably a good guess as it seemed locked against something metal...ie...if it were a stuck round the ejector would either have pulled it out eventually or slipped off the rim allowing it to open. This gun cannot have more than 500 rounds through it, which really frosts me if the locking block broke. I don't think that I had much choice as shipping it to Miami with a live round in it was not an option.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21116 times
    Here's a write up on The Firing Line:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=464697

Sounds like getting it unjammed could cause frame damage. I wonder how Taurus is going to like that?
    Sekol and jwc007 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    20032 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Here's a write up on The Firing Line:

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=464697

Sounds like getting it unjammed could cause frame damage. I wonder how Taurus is going to like that?
    Ugh....why is life so complicated?
    Spit happens, so make the most of everyday!
    "Never give up. Never surrender." Galaxy Quest, 1999
    Happiness is always Having Enough 22lr ammo!

Maryland is for Crabs!

Member #
    Liked
    3967 times
    Hope the gun smith can get the slide off. I would not like to leave a live round in the chamber either.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    129 times
    WOW! Good luck!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    22039 times
    You probably wouldn't want to watch them getting that gun unstuck. What a mess. I hope they can get it to where you can send it to Taurus.
    olfarhors likes this.
    2016 TA.net Fantasy Football League Champion

You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    2981 times
    Oh no -- that's not any fun. I hope the smith gets it fixed. I don't blame you - I'd be hot around the collar too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links