PT 92 AFS Locked and Loaded...AND LOCKED UP - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: PT 92 AFS Locked and Loaded...AND LOCKED UP

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21522 times
    After I pay the gunsmith I'll have to pay to send it to Taurus. Depending on how it looks after he gets done with it, I may just ask him to install the Wolff springs and call it a day.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

Member #
    Liked
    2572 times
    Wolff springs, beretta locking block, beretta barrel, beretta mag release, hogue grips...if there's enough left to rebuild. I'm hoping that it comes apart easy enough to not destroy anything.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WestKentucky View Post
    Wolff springs, beretta locking block, beretta barrel, beretta mag release, hogue grips...if there's enough left to rebuild. I'm hoping that it comes apart easy enough to not destroy anything.
    Thanks for reminding me..It's got Hogue grips that have to come off if the gun gets wrecked getting it apart. I had better call Taurus tomorrow to advise the issue in the event it has to go back to them.
    It is difficult to gain the truth from the media in this age. It is a huge puzzle with small pieces. In order to solve it, one must have perseverance, all of the pieces, imagination, time, and most of all...the desire to put the picture together. Our real trouble is that there are far too few people today with the desire to do this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1159 times
    Any update from HP Shooters?
    I am a Veteran, I am a Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather.
    I was labeled a Deplorable, now I'm a Nationalist rather than a Globalist! As a USA Veteran I will proudly wear that to protect our Nation!

Join the fun!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21522 times
    No, I have to get up there in a few days to pay him for shipping it and get the tracking number. I am pretty sure he doesn't have my email address. He ships them registered mail as they request and told me that the packages move at a slower pace than Priority Parcel. I am expecting it to be in Miami maybe by mid-week.

Member #
    Liked
    915 times
    Man, sorry to hear of that problem. A friend of mine at work had about the same thing happen to him with a Beretta, that he had bought back in 1998. He had a lot of rounds through the gun. He had to have it sent back to Beretta, and the locking block did break and wedged itself in the channel which it rides. They got it fixed though, and he has it back on his nightstand.

Since that PT is about a carbon copy of the Beretta, I would not be surprised if it was the problem. I'm sure Taurus will get you squared away.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Went to the range today and brought the PT 92 to see if the light strike issues was resolved. No only was it not resolved, after performing second strikes on a half dozen or more rounds the slide locked solidly about 1/4 inch out of battery. Could not get that sucker to budge. Gun shop owner put the slide in the vise and beat on it to no avail. Not wanting to bring it home with a live round stuck somewhere (my neighbors would probably frown on a discharge in the basement) I left it there for his gunsmith to work it out.

Not real happy with Taurus or my PT 92 right now.
    I personally feel Taurus quality has gone Way down hill over the past 10 or 12 years. It seems all they want to do is hurry up and get new products to the market without taking the time to test them. It has been over 10 years since I have owned a Taurus for that reason. That being said, my dealer had a older PT92 for sale. I went online to check the date and was happy to fine it was a 1995 model. She is a stainless beauty! I paid 399.00 for her and I could have bought a new stainless for 419.00 dollars but I will stick with the older ones. good luck, Dave

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17177 times
    Any progress to report yet?
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Patron Level
    GOA
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21522 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Any progress to report yet?
    Monday will be six weeks in sunny Miami. I chatted with Fran on Friday and she indicated that it has gotten to the "Inspection/Repair" stage with the gunsmith. I had her check on my Rossi snubbie which is there also. It may have been a mistake but I told her that they could ship both back together when ready. Hoping that they make the six week mark for both. The Rossi has been there for about four weeks.

Member #
    Liked
    915 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Monday will be six weeks in sunny Miami. I chatted with Fran on Friday and she indicated that it has gotten to the "Inspection/Repair" stage with the gunsmith. I had her check on my Rossi snubbie which is there also. It may have been a mistake but I told her that they could ship both back together when ready. Hoping that they make the six week mark for both. The Rossi has been there for about four weeks.
    Chomping at the bit! Lol, hang in there buddy!
    olfarhors likes this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links