Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT99AF firing pin and replacement parts

Hello,

I've received my first Taurus PT99 AF-D a 5 days ago...

I have stripped it and cleaned, but I was unable to take apart the firing pin. Can anybody lend me a hand on this matter? I have been searching for some days but im still unable to get the firing pin out... also, some parts on this gun are really used like the magazine release (I got it with an aftermarket extended magazine release, seems to be handmade) and grips. Where I can order the full magazine release? I have checked Taurus website but they dont have a contact mail and I cant speak/understand english.

PS: the barrel doesnt come with a serial number engraved. Is that normal? Anybody know when the serial "TKG" was manufactured?

Thanks! and sorry too many questions :P

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: PT99AF firing pin and replacement parts

On my 20ish year old PT-99 you remove the rear sight (there is a horizontal pin + the windage screw). Then, you drive out a pin that ends up underneath the now removed rear sight. That captivates the firing pin and extractor.

This site shows a detailed strip of the Beretta and is about 80% relevant to the Taurus: http://www.beretta92fs.com/ Watch the extractor removal video.

The safety and mag releases were different, and the Beretta didn't have the adjustable rear sights, but the firing pin was the same.

Its been a month or two since I broke mine down, so I'm a bit vague on the details now, but I believe that is all there is to it.

Sponsored Links