Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Brand New PT92...how can I adjust the rear sight?

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  V-John 
#1 ·
Haven't shot it yet, so I don't know how it's grouping yet, but the rear sight is clearly too far right. My 24/7 has a set screw so I can adjust the rear sight, but this does not. How can I adjust these? See attached pic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Vismin said:
Haven't shot it yet, so I don't know how it's grouping yet, but the rear sight is clearly too far right. My 24/7 has a set screw so I can adjust the rear sight, but this does not. How can I adjust these? See attached pic.
Use a hammer and brass punch...

#4 ·
MOONDAWG said:
They are not called "drift adjustable" for nothing. ;)

Shoot the gun a lot before getting you panties in a wad over the way they look within the slide, you may be surprised.
Yeah, I suspected that might be the case, and I wasn't planning on doing anything until I had a few hundred rounds through it.

#5 ·
Yep, shoot it first. If adjustment is needed, you may do so for windage only. There is no adjustment for elevation.

#6 ·
Shot it today...perfect! I have to get a little adjusted from how my 24/7 sights work, but I didn't have any issues that would make me think I needed to adjust that rear sight.

#7 ·
The wife and I shot 70 rounds through my -92 today and I noticed that it was shooting down and to the right. I thought it was me, but she had the same problem.

This was the first time she ever shot a weapon and she came home with a big grin on her face. My hopes of getting that little Bersa Thunder 380 for her might be a little easier now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.