Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Stoeger Coach double barrel 20" 12 gauge has got my attention...now what ?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9983 times

Stoeger Coach double barrel 20" 12 gauge has got my attention...now what ?

For some reason the Stoeger Coach double barrel has caught my attention and I can't figure out why. IT is nickle with wood and pretty as can be. I am trying to figure out why I would want this....notice I didn't say need this.

I guess I could justify it as a home defense weapon, two barrels going off together would clear a path pretty quick you would think....but then with a 20" barrel it is not really hallway friendly, but would make a nice club is deemed needed.

Maybe it is because it reminds me of my fathers old Parker Brothers 12 gauge double barrel I have tucked away. But with the damascus barrel I wouldn't dare fire it with todays ammo selection. The Parker Brother has been passed down from one generation to another, and will continue to be in the future.

Any who, does anyone here have any imput to share on the Stoeger Coach guns....good....bad....or indifferent?

Stoeger Coach Gun, 12-Gauge, 20-Gauge, .410, with 3” Chamber
    "Courage is being scared to death.....but saddling up anyway"

You will always learn more with your mouth shut, and your ears open.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    I used to work at Bass Pro Shops, and (for what it's worth) one of the more informed guys that I worked with behind the gun counter said they are pretty decent guns. Haven't ever checked into myself, but it is pretty sweet looking. I can definitely see the attraction. If nothing else, it would be a lot of fun to shoot and a hell of a conversation piece. Everybody loves a double barrel shotgun! There's just some inherent cool factor about them.
    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: It’s much lighter than carrying a police officer

Author unknown

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better make darned sure that's really where he is."
    Author unknown

"Diapers and politicians both need to be changed often; and for the same reason."
    ​Author unknown

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9983 times
    Guess I could always take it, the Parker Bro, and my Ranch hand and hang them on the fireplace over the mantle. A little home decorating of sorts!!!
    PCS01 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    Sounds like my kinda place!
    jonrjen likes this.
    Q: Why do you carry a gun?
    A: It’s much lighter than carrying a police officer

Author unknown

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better make darned sure that's really where he is."
    Author unknown

"Diapers and politicians both need to be changed often; and for the same reason."
    ​Author unknown

Member #
    Liked
    13854 times
    I saw them at the last gun show, I was drawn right to them, then that what would I do with it bird landed on my shoulder and I passed.
    jonrjen likes this.
    Shooting and Fishing! Life is Good!
    ><((((º> ><((((º> ><((((º> Fish on! <º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><
    ************************************************** ************************************************
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and Dancing in the Rain.

Member #
    Liked
    1769 times
    I got the 12 gauge double you are looking at used from a pawn shop. It has the screw in choke tubes, the Mossberg tubes fit, same threads etc. I love doubles in all gauges. Camo painted it and have used it dove hunting some. Barrels pattern together, stock fits me, points and shoots natural, recoil with heavy field loads is not bad. With open choke tubes slugs, and cut shells both print point of aim at 50 yards if it was needed as a deer gun. I have been well pleased with the gun.
    jonrjen likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8670 times
    On my list. Calling shotgun was a habit growing up!
    PCS01 and jonrjen like this.

Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Here is one in the middle of this photo, in 12 ga. though.
    Name:  8-5-12031.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  147.4 KB
    jonrjen likes this.
    " Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6 "

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9983 times
    Enablers, Enablers I say!!!!! Not a one of you said run Jon, Run away!!!!
    So who am I to argue with some of the most knowledgable people I know.....Yes, I am speaking of you!
    Guess I will see what I can work out with the seller
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PCS01 View Post
    I used to work at Bass Pro Shops, and (for what it's worth) one of the more informed guys that I worked with behind the gun counter said they are pretty decent guns. Haven't ever checked into myself, but it is pretty sweet looking. I can definitely see the attraction. If nothing else, it would be a lot of fun to shoot and a hell of a conversation piece. Everybody loves a double barrel shotgun! There's just some inherent cool factor about them.
    Yes they are. I bought my wife a 20 ga in the coach gun with the single trigger. Now she has had no problems because she doesn't lock down on it nor jerk it. Those that do often report both barrels firing. So if you have a tendency to squeeze and hold go with the double trigger versions. Aside from that it is a fine gun and finish well. Also keep in mind Stoeger, Uberti and others are now part of Beretta. So they will stand behind them though some what slow in the US they will fix them. I never have sent back a Stoeger but have other Beretta guns over the years.

My shot gun is a Liberty (now a CZ) built in 1989 with a 24" barrel, double triggers/hammers that I love. However if I had to buy at the current prices I would also own a 12 ga Stoeger.
    LongTermGuy, jonrjen and Denton like this.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links