Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Russian SKS

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  scrabtree6 
#1 ·
Put in layaway today,,,seems to be in nice shape,,that will be two SKS's in the safe by the end of next week

Any SKS fans out there ?

#3 ·
I have a pair of Russian SKS rifles. One in a Laminated stock, one in natural wood. I also have an Albanian SKS, a Romanian SKS, three Yugo SKS rifles (one a Model 59, a 59/66, and a 59/66A1), a Chinese Police SKS (OEM with a 20 round fixed mag), and an SKS-M (paratrooper that uses AK mags, but has no bayonet).

Think that I like them?

#10 ·
yep ..you like'em..i have a Cowboy carbine ..as they was labeled in the day....which is a Chinese SKS para trooper with no evil bayonet lug... I have it scoped...

I almost was a able to snag a Paratrooper that accepted AK mags..but was hue-dooed by the pawnshop owner...

I have a over priced Nornico Sporter lined up at this time ..can't get the owner to budge....I'd like to have it as a deer rifle....

#8 ·
Yessir ! So far I only have a Romanian and a Chi-com that my son ended up with......I want a couple more to put Tapco stocks on.

Oh, by the way.......

#12 ·
Congratulations on your Russian SKS! :cool:

I have an early milled Chinese SKS that I'm rather fond of. Would not mind collecting a Russian SKS as well!

Egyptian AKM, Chinese SKS, and Ruger Mini-30.

#13 ·
I had a Norinco that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with. I thought it would be a dandy way to save money on ammo... I just couldn't get used to the short sight radius or poor iron sights. My attempts to mount a scope on a rail mounted on the recoil cover were frustrating as the scopes kept coming loose no matter what I did and I got pissed and traded for a 24/7 in 9mm which I later traded for something else. I wished I had kept the rifle and had worked harder on the sighting issues. It was stone cold reliable and fun to shoot other than my ineptitude with it.

#16 · (Edited)
Sorry you had bad luck with your Norinco ,mine is very accurate ..and I have a B-Square scope mount that has been on the gun for over 12 yr.s ..with a few thousand rds down the tube...seems to be holding up fairly well...but theres always a exception ....

The B-Square scope mount ,is the Cadillac of SKS scope mounts..its like a shroud over the existing receiver cover...seems to work very well...

#27 ·
I need to get myself an SKS to go with my Mosin-Nagant. If i run into a good deal on one i'll get it, but at least i know where a bunch of Saiga's are located in all calibers just in case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.