Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40cal. Carbines

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

40cal. Carbines

I know of all the main name carbines in a pistol round. I have read numerouse reviews and I have been looking at a hi-point 40cal. Carbine. Stellar reviews but I haven't laid my hands on one yet. Any thoughts before I make my purchase?America’s most affordable pistol-caliber carbine

We have re-engineered our rugged and reliable carbines to deploy some serious attitude. From butt plate to front sight this distinctive new Hi-Point carbine virtually shouts CAN-DO!!

The molded polymer stock has been re-engineered to deliver improved handling and better accuracy in a target-design carbine. Offered complete with your choice of optics, these Hi-Points are ready to shoot!

Hi-Point carbines come in three calibers: 9mm, .40 and .45.

Whichever Hi-Point carbine you choose, you are assured of reliability and accuracy at an affordable price which includes Hi-Point’s lifetime unconditional warranty and fast, expert service.

Hi-Point carbines are +P rated to accept all factory ammunition and feature:

All-weather, black polymer skeletonized stock FREE trigger lock
    Sling, swivels and scope base Last round lock open
    Internal recoil buffer in stock Optional forward folding grip
    Multiple Picatinny rails Optional flashlight
    Fully adjustable sights (“Ghost Ring” rear peep and post front) Optional laser
    Quick on/off thumb safety *
    Grip-mounted clip release *
    10-shot magazine *
    100% American-made parts and assembly *

* Please note: the estimated dates reflect the factory’s best guess. We will update the dates weekly to convey the best information for our customers who have been patiently waiting.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I copied the specs from their page.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18466 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pt145eh View Post
    I copied the specs from their page.
    Yep...and in the process, you got me to really wanting one of those .40 caliber carbines.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    2788 times
    I love mine. It is fairly balanced and is a reliable gun. It has eaten most ammo I have put thru it and is pretty accurate. Buy it, you wont regret it
    ‘‘It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.’’ - Justice Robert H. Jackson

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Member #
    Liked
    406 times
    I have an older 9mm Hi Point carbine, and I'll tell ya, it's a blast. Accuracy is surprising, too. I wouldn't mind picking up another of these carbines as I'm cutting back to only three calibers, .22LR, 9mm, and .223.
    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

My old sig lines were trivial, this one is true.
    I MISS RONALD REAGAN!

Member #
    Liked
    408 times
    I have the newer model 9mmTS and it's a blast. Buy extra mags and go have fun. I agree with ccviper you won't regret it. I almost bought the .45TS at a gone show 2 weeks ago. Bought a 1911 instead.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Member #
    Liked
    2757 times
    I have the 995TS for the last 4 years when the first came out and it has been a great fun carbine. It is dead on target right out of the box with its iron sights and its a perfect 100yds sport carbine. Don't expect it to be any better than that range.

I went thru the tacticool stage and tried to hang everything I could on the plastic weaver rails and including taking off the std. rear sight to make more room on the rail. Big mistake. The biggest weakest point are those plastic weaver rails. One can put a small red dot and co-witness it with the ironsight and your good to go, but don't remove the rear ironsight because you will go back to ironsights.

My two grandsons know it affectionately as the monkey gun and love shooting it. They have learned about Kentucky windage when shooting at the 100yd range. I would recommend it to anyone. The warranty is lifetime and HP's customer service is IMHO above most others.

Member #
    Liked
    3870 times
    Love my 995, you can toss on a cheap red dot on top and go have some fun with no problems at all. Every now and then i swap back to the iron sights, but for the most part i just go with the scope. I have a cheap laser on the front too, but it's more for tacticool look than function since i can't see that dot 100 yards away. I would recommend a Hi-Point to anyone that isn't buying a gun just for looks, but i consider mine beautifully ugly.

"I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I guess since I have a .40 pistol, and a .40 revolver, you guys are going to tell me that I need a matching .40 carbine!
    HE thinks, therefore I am! <><

Member #
    Liked
    3870 times
    I wouldn't, i'd say buy whatever you want. I went with the 9mm because it was the last one available, Cabela's couldn't keep them in stock a year ago. But lately the .40 & .45's are way more available than they once were. So buy what you want, but i would recommend buying one if for nothing else as a fun gun.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links