Taurus Firearm Forum banner

slugs in single barrel taurus shotgun?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Peacemakr40 
#1 ·
i need a cheap single shot shotgun, i am looking at the taurus or rossi single barrel. can i shoot slugs without damage to the gun? thank you

#4 ·
I wouldn't spend money on a new gun... I would just stop in at a few pawn shops and buy a used H&R single shot 12 gauge. I believe you can get one for $50 or so.

Don

Reactions: CJS3
#8 ·
Lots of companies make lower cost single shot shotguns. Is there a reason to stick with the Taurus/Rossi brands? As to your question, it all depends on the slugs you got as to whether they'll work well with variable choke shotguns.

#9 ·
I use a shotgun for deer hunting and my slugs say right on the box that they work best with a IC choke or modified at most. I personally wouldn't shoot slugs through a full choke. Too many possible problems. Too much pressure as the slug squeezes out, stretch out your full choke, less accuracy due to slug deformation, etc

Creek

#13 ·
My favorite shotgun of all time that I've owned was a little H&R single shot 20. I've taken deer and all sorts of small game with it. My most memorable thing about that shotgun was how well the shells would eject over my right shoulder each and every time. I might have to pick up another one. It was also the first firearm I ever did any form of smithing on as I made a new front receiver for it out of walnut because I wanted to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.