Ke lTec Sub 2000
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Ke lTec Sub 2000

Member #
    Liked
    16218 times

Ke lTec Sub 2000

Picked up my Kentucky Gun special deal of a SW MP Bodyguard 380 with no laser yesterday from my FFL. Now see, I have a great FFL, he watches out for me all the time.

He has a lot of 5 Kel Tec Sub-2000 .40GLOCK rifles that he just received. These are for the 10 round GLOCK magazine .40 caliber.

He wanted to know if I would like one at a price of $350 plus tax. I told him to hold one back for me till next week.

Truth is, I don't know nothing about the Kel Tec Sub 2000 good or bad. Anyone care to educate me on why I would or would not like to own one?

Thank you much for your impute, much appreciated it.

Jon
    Bellows1 and silverstring like this.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    5672 times
    People seem to really like them, but like anything else they've had their problems. I believe Texheim had one break up on him a year or two ago, I'm sure you can track his thread down.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 LTE using Tapatalk
    jonrjen likes this.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    38554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Montkun View Post
    People seem to really like them, but like anything else they've had their problems. I believe Texheim had one break up on him a year or two ago, I'm sure you can track his thread down.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 LTE using Tapatalk
    Yeah, they blow apart on you. Not fun

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk
    jonrjen and YOT like this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    860 times
    I had an itch for one that I scratched. I own a Sub2K Gen2 9mm Glock 19 mag compatible:

Truthfully, it's jut OK. Trigger isn't bad or good. Iron sights are adequate. The stock adjustment is kind of a joke. No last round hold open. Charging knob is in an odd spot. It shoots straight. Hasn't choked on the cheapest ammo I've put through it. It's a simple blow back system.

The reason I bought it was for it's party trick, and the novelty has worn off.

As I said earlier, ok trigger. Shoots straight. Does what I need it to do. It's slim, light, and relatively compact. I have no intention of selling mine. It fills the pointless pistol caliber carbine for range fun niche. Would I do it again? Probably not.

• Mount an optic and you can't fold it. Yes you can buy a Midwest Industries mount that folds, then flips, etc. I just don't see the point of dumping 1/4 of the Sub2K's purchase price on an optic mount THEN still have to buy the optic.
    • The screwed on front sight post on mine came loose under live fire and rotated. It had to go back to KelTec for warranty repair right after the first range session. It's been fixed and hasn't had another issue.
    • The cheek weld height relative to the iron sights is odd.

I think I paid $389 for mine. I can't remember. IMO, a good price just so I can satisfy a pointless want. Definitely not paying the $$$ for a CZ Scorpion, Zenith MK-something (HK MP5 Clone), or a Sig MPX.
    Bellows1, jonrjen and Falstaff like this.
    - John
    NRA Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    2147 times
    I've toyed with the idea of them as well. IF did get one, it would be in 9mm, I'd hate to have all that shooting fun @ 40 cal prices.

Throw on one of those drum mags and it would be a lot of fun.
    jonrjen likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    38554 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
    I had an itch for one that I scratched. I own a Sub2K Gen2 9mm Glock 19 mag compatible:

Truthfully, it's jut OK. Trigger isn't bad or good. Iron sights are adequate. The stock adjustment is kind of a joke. No last round hold open. Charging knob is in an odd spot. It shoots straight. Hasn't choked on the cheapest ammo I've put through it. It's a simple blow back system.

The reason I bought it was for it's party trick, and the novelty has worn off.

As I said earlier, ok trigger. Shoots straight. Does what I need it to do. It's slim, light, and relatively compact. I have no intention of selling mine. It fills the pointless pistol caliber carbine for range fun niche. Would I do it again? Probably not.

• Mount an optic and you can't fold it. Yes you can buy a Midwest Industries mount that folds, then flips, etc. I just don't see the point of dumping 1/4 of the Sub2K's purchase price on an optic mount THEN still have to buy the optic.
    • The screwed on front sight post on mine came loose under live fire and rotated. It had to go back to KelTec for warranty repair right after the first range session. It's been fixed and hasn't had another issue.
    • The cheek weld height relative to the iron sights is odd.

I think I paid $389 for mine. I can't remember. IMO, a good price just so I can satisfy a pointless want. Definitely not paying the $$$ for a CZ Scorpion, Zenith MK-something (HK MP5 Clone), or a Sig MPX.
    Red Lion also makes a rotating forend, that's what I put on mine and it was 1/3 the price of the rifle

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk
    jonrjen likes this.

"Always carry a knife with you. Just in Case there's cheesecake or you need to stab someone in the throat."
    "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Member #
    Liked
    2946 times
    They do not like aluminum cased ammo, so no blazer aluminum ...

I have a Gen1 Sub2000 for the G19 (or larger)9mm Glock mags. A decent gun, but as others have stated, it has its weak points. Great to backup my 9mm Glocks on road trips etc... but other than that, doesn't get a lot of use.

Seriously for the money, you're better off IMHO putting it towards a a nice AR build etc... IMHO.
    jonrjen, JaPes and CreekFisher like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2946 times
    Once these have been out for a while and the price comes down, I think this *Pistol* will be my next purchase. Made right here in AZ

ColoradoJim and jonrjen like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14961 times
    Austin, why are you showing so much restraint?

Jon, friends don't let friends buy Keltec.

Quote Originally Posted by Texheim View Post
    Yeah, they blow apart on you. Not fun

jonrjen likes this.
    This world would be a much better place if people would mind their own business. -Me

Who needs the CIA when you have the KGB? - Donald Trump

Sand Lake - All of 'em

Member #
    Liked
    989 times
    I just shot my Hi Point for the first time yesterday. I've gotta say, it's might not be pretty or light, but it's dead on accurate out of the box, shot everything I put in it (including my first ever 40 reloads) and was so clean when I was done that I didn't see anything to clean. If you just want to own a PCC, get a Hi Point. :-)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links