Ke lTec Sub 2000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Ke lTec Sub 2000

Member #
    Liked
    351 times
    I have a first gen 9mm for Beretta mags. I love it. It is one of the funnest guns I own to shoot. Having said that though I think any semi auto PCC would be really fun to shoot. I partially bought it as a gun to travel with. I like that it will fit inside most standard suitcases and doesn't scream gun as I travel in and out of hotels. I like other travellers and hotel staff to think I don't have anything they want.
    jonrjen and FreeInAZ like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6052 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stupimlico View Post
    I just shot my Hi Point for the first time yesterday. I've gotta say, it's might not be pretty or light, but it's dead on accurate out of the box, shot everything I put in it (including my first ever 40 reloads) and was so clean when I was done that I didn't see anything to clean. If you just want to own a PCC, get a Hi Point. :-)

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
    I had one of those in 40, shot great but the proprietary mags suck. If they made a hi-point that took Glock or Beretta mags they could up the price by $100 and they still would not be able to keep them on the shelves.
    jonrjen and FreeInAZ like this.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    800 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    I had one of those in 40, shot great but the proprietary mags suck. If they made a hi-point that took Glock or Beretta mags they could up the price by $100 and they still would not be able to keep them on the shelves.
    I won't argue with that, the single stack proprietary mags suck.
    jonrjen likes this.
    PT111 G2
    PT92 AFS

YOT
    Member #
    Liked
    2668 times
    A novelty gun at best. Trouble gun at worst. Fun, but bothersome and Kel-tec's warranty service is as slow as a snail. Best of luck if you scratch that itch. You know what happens is you scratch too hard, right? It'll turn into a sore.
    jonrjen likes this.
    "It isn't always being fast or even accurate that counts, it's being willing. I found out early that most men regardless of cause or need aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger and I won't." - The Shootist (John Wayne)

Member #
    Liked
    16098 times
    I called and cancelled my hold on the purchase this morning. I appreciate all you help, assistance and first hand knowledge.
    Last edited by jonrjen; 12-26-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    FreeInAZ, stupimlico, YOT and 1 others like this.
    In an effort to remain Politically, Socially and Humanly Correct: Please take everything I say with a grain of salt, understanding that I mean to NOT offend any individual, group, sect, affiliation, real or fictitious in nature.

Member #
    Liked
    571 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    I called and cancelled my hold on the purchase this morning.
    Based on my experience and opinion, I think this to be a wise choice. I had one in .40 Glock. It was exactly what I wanted: A PCC that would use my Glock magazines. I could use the same magazines in the Glocks I had and in the carbine. My first hope was that Glock would have made their own carbines, but this seemed to be the best alternative. Mine had a light-strike firing pin and would experience failures to fire. When it did fire, it gave me a rather harsh recoil. I'm not recoil sensative, but this thing felt like a 12 gauge shotgun with no buffering or recoil pad. Sent it back to Kel-Tec for the firing pin issue, but never really wanted to shoot it any longer. Ended up selling it.
    jonrjen likes this.
    I married my wife for her looks; just not the ones she gives me when I bring home a new gun...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7881 times
    I agree with getting a hi point. The Sub2000 is a nice low end PCC but build quality can be questionable. Like Tex said - they do break sometimes.
    FreeInAZ, jonrjen and stupimlico like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    4948 times
    Planning on selling mine to fund other projects...

Creek
    jonrjen likes this.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

"Stupid people shouldn't breed or own guns; unfortuantely they do both..." - ​MOONDAWG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links