Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: SAR K2P 9mm Review

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2149 times

SAR K2P 9mm Review

Sarsilmaz/EAA SAR K2P 9mm with SAR 15 round Magazine, but also works great with Mec-Gar Cz75 17 and 19 round Magazines

Had been thinking about buying an SAR K2P 9mm from Buds, and then found that my favorite LGS had received a shipment of SAR K2P's and was selling them off for only about $20 more than it would have cost me to order one from Buds, so needless to say, I bought from them, again.

Sarsilmaz/EAA SAR K2P 9mm Field Stripped

When I got it home, I cleaned and Lubed it. It was in serious need of Lubrication, as the Action was fairly gritty and stiff. Once Lubed, it started to turn around nicely, as I worked Lube into the Safety and Trigger with some dry fire exercises. It was going to be a few days till I could get it to the Range and during that time, I dry fire practiced with it. Also, I elected to install a Hogue Handall Universal Grip Sleeve, which for me, made the Grip more even more pleasant than it already was. It does add a bit to the Grips size, but not objectionably so.

Also, during that time, I experimented with Magazines to see what would fit and work. As Czfirearms Forum Member Brian Ahearn had reported earlier, this Pistol will work with the Mec-Gar Cz75 17 and 19 round Magazines. The original SAR supplied Magazine will only hold 15 rounds. My preference is to use the SAR K2P with the Mec-Gar Cz75 17 round Magazine, as it sticks out the bottom of the grip less than the 19 rounder, for better concealability. My 16 round Mec-Gar Cz75 Magazines would not reach up in to the Magazine well far enough to latch. An older Mec-Gar Witness 15 round Magazine would fit and latch into the Pistol, but would NOT feed past the initial Slide Rack.

This Pistol is very well made in fit and finish and there is no slop in the Slide to Frame and Barrel to Slide fit. Recoil Spring setup uses Parallel Dual Recoil Springs.

When I finally got it to the Range, I found that it printed to the left, as czfirearms Forum Member Brian Ahearn had also reported, and I ended up adjusting the Rear Sight a bit, which I hate doing. I'm not a fan of adjustable sights on Semi-Auto Pistols, but in this case they served their purpose. Reliability and Accuracy were excellent over the 100 rounds I put thru it that afternoon and I like it.

The only concerns I have is that the SAR K2P, according to it's supplied manual, is not +P capable, but I believe that this Pistol is fairly durable. It's a very good Pistol for occasional Target Shooting and Self Defense with Standard Pressure Ammunition. While it probably would take the punishment, it is NOT a Pistol for USPSA/IPSC Competition that I plan to pour thousands of rounds thru per year, as I've been known to do.

So far in my research into Holsters for the SAR K2P 9mm, the following fit:

Fobus Paddle Holster #SP11 (No retention, but fits like it was made for it)

Crosman Generic Pistol Holster P/N SAH02A510 ( often found at Wally World and other stores, usually around $10 )

Tagua Open Top Leather raised OWB Holster #BH3-635 (Black, Right Hand) (Will require a bit of Stretching for use, but fits tightly) (Made for Springfield XD-S)

Edit Note Add to Holster list:

Safariland Custom Fit # 568-744-411 (Black, Right Hand) Excellent fit
    Last edited by jwc007; 06-18-2013 at 11:57 PM.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    4248 times
    Looks almost identicle to the SAR B6P except the B6P locks up with lugs on the barrel fitting into recesses in the slide like a 1911
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Member #
    Liked
    429 times
    Sweet. Nice write up.

Member #
    Liked
    7172 times
    I just recently got one of these as my home defense gun and I agree that this gun seems to be a high quality piece for the money and is a joy to shoot.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2149 times
    Holster listing ammended.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm adding that my LGS had to go out of business and I bought one of his sar k2p 9mm for an unbelievable price on a whim. I did not know anything about them until after the purchase - it just felt GREAT in my hand. But I'm excited to see so many good things said on the net about this weapon. And I was thrilled when I shot it (2 mags only). Shot like a dream.

I did order a CZ 17-round from Midway. I will admit that it 'works', but it doesn't 'snap in easy' like the SAR mag that came with it. After some pushing and more pushing the mag release finally clicks. I'm fine with it - it will not be my EDC - so just wanted to report my experience with the mag.

Member #
    Liked
    14416 times
    Nice write up..Good lock with it!
    jwc007 likes this.
    Taking this country back....one job at a time!

In memory of BUTT. Thanks for, your wisdom, your humor and your willingness to pass it on. You ARE missed.

Member #
    Liked
    19681 times
    Since they are basically a CZ-75 clone "most" any holster designed for the CZ-75 series and it's clones (CZ, EAA Witness, Tanfoglio et al) should work fine with it.
    jwc007 and olfarhors like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've had my CZ75 since 1981 and its the best pistol I own, right behind my PT1911. This has to be the best platform ever for double stack 9mm's ever in my opinion. Great report.
    jwc007 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3170 times
    Nice .they are a very smooth shooter

jhp

it is ALWAYS better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    Get a gun and GET TRAINING. Training is the key to making proper and responsible decisions in the use of deadly force and training is the key to expertly defending yourself in an unavoidable lethal encounter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links