Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: SAR B6 from EAA

Member #
    Liked
    4122 times

SAR B6 from EAA

Just bought a 4.5" barreled SAR B6 (think cz-75) from gallery of guns for 297$ OTD I will post a review when I get it in a few days. Anyone else have any experience with these?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Ben Franklin

"I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries; as long as
    they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant
    lands in any part of America. When they get piled upon one another in large
    cities, as in Europe, they will become corrupt as in Europe."
    Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, December 20, 1787

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6766 times
    I was just looking at those this morning myself. Looking forward to your review.
    "I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    4122 times
    I ordered it yesterday from Davidson's, it is already in town and I should be able to pick it up today!

they are chiefly agricultural; and this will be as long as there shall be vacant

Member #
    Liked
    4122 times
    Here it is, feels good. Finish is about what you would expect for a military service pistol. The only real negative I can see and I am not sure about long term effects is the relatively small tabs on the frame insert that engage the slide. The action is DA/SA without a decock function, seems to be tight and I expect accuracy will at least be acceptable. I will not be able to test fire until Friday. SA is fairly light, I don't have a guage but it feels like around 6# DA is heavy, but no noticeable stacking and breaks clean.Name:  first day at Kirn 008.jpg
Views: 3114
Size:  1.19 MBName:  first day at Kirn 011.jpg
Views: 3008
Size:  1.02 MBName:  first day at Kirn 013.jpg
Views: 2953
Size:  820.6 KBName:  first day at Kirn 009.jpg
Views: 4742
Size:  1.14 MB
    Looks like cz-75, but appears to have slightly different catch location on the mag, I dont think the mags will interchange. I will have a range report by this weekend. So far for under $300 I am pleasantly surprised. Davidsons lifetime gaurantee helps my piece of mind.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1966 times
    Very Nice! Actually, these are a copy of the Tanfoglio Polymer EAA Witness, from before Tanfoglio added the Rail. Quite a few parts for the Tanfoglio Pistols are most likely compatible.

SAR stands for the Turkish Company, Sarsilmaz, which formerly had a partnership with Tanfoglio.
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    4122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jwc007 View Post
    Very Nice! Actually, these are a copy of the Tanfoglio Polymer EAA Witness, from before Tanfoglio added the Rail. Quite a few parts for the Tanfoglio Pistols are most likely compatible.

SAR stands for the Turkish Company, Sarsilmaz, which formerly had a partnership with Tanfoglio.
    The Tanfoglio is actually a copy of the CZ75, before the wall fell you could not buy the Czech guns here.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    1966 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb1972 View Post
    The Tanfoglio is actually a copy of the CZ75, before the wall fell you could not buy the Czech guns here.
    True if you are comparing the basic design. In actual parts detail, not so much! Parts will not interchange and CZ SP01 Phantom polymer framed Pistol, is not very much like either the Polymer Witness or SAR B6.

It is true that when Tanfoglio first started making copies of the Cz75, they were almost directly copied down to most parts details and a lot of parts would interchange. It WAS even possible to exchange barrels, slides, and other parts.
    All that changed back in 1988 with the debut of Tanfoglio's Series 88 and all other subsequent series. Design on various internal details changed. For instance, Tanfoglio adopted a Bushingless Front Barrel lockup and a modular Magazine Latch System. CZ75's still use Bushings in the front of the Slides to lock up the Barrel and a Long Wire Spring laced thru the frame to operate it's Magazine Latch.

Also, the design/operation of the Automatic Firing Pin Locks are quite different!

I rest my case!
    olfarhors likes this.
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    4122 times
    Range report: I will call this gun economical, I refuse to call it cheap. I put 250 rds through it this morning 150 Federal 115gr fmj and 100 124gr hp from Freedom munitions. No failures of any kind, it is more accurate than my 6" model 66 that came along. Every piece of brass landed within about 6" of each other on my tarp. I did all my shooting unsupported from about 15yds since I am too lazy to move the tarp, the only time I would miss my 6" swinging target is when I would not wait for it to stop moving. I only have 2 negative comments, the edge of the trigger is a little sharp and will soon be visited by some sandpaper, and it only came with one mag. It is so much fun to shoot you won't want to stop to reload every 15 rounds.Name:  Josh 005.jpg
Views: 2949
Size:  1,016.3 KB
    The tear in the bottom left corner is from the staple, This was 15 yards rapid fire with 124gr freedom munitions hollow points. Double action trigger pull is HEAVY, I would recommend condition 1 carry, otherwise you have to manually lower the hammer on a live round.
    Last edited by jimb1972; 08-30-2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add pic

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4223 times
    Congratulations on your new firearm.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
    "I do not believe in using women in combat, because females are too fierce." - Margaret Mead
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Member #
    Liked
    1136 times
    Excellent choice.
    Here's a thought: what if Adam Lanzas mom had a CCW?

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."-James Thurber
    “Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”: Who watches the watchmen?-Juvenal

"Get out on the range! You can't call the weather for a gun fight! First relay on line!"-Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Links