Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Russian Nagant 7.62 by 38 R revolver

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TexasDeputy 
#1 ·
Just got an 1895 Nagant 7 shot revolver for less than a hundred bucks. Made in 1938 and looks new. I'm sure it was never issued or in service. This revolver is unique in that the cartridge is tapered down to slip into the forcing cone. No gasses escape resulting in a higher velocity. There are only five moving parts. I understand that the S&W model 10 was designed after it. Nice bit of history. I plan on giving it to my Grand daughter when she turns ten. Last Christmas I gave her a pink Crickett .22 rifle. Five years old and she can outshoot me. My son put a reflex sight and bypod on it. She looks like a little sniper. My son's MIL did not like that a bit. He responded by saying it teaches her responsibility and respect for firearms. Start them young. I was five, son was five and Tatiana was five. Google that Nagant. Only pistol/revolver of it's kind. Nagant 7.62 by 38r revolver. Have fun!

#3 ·
I have purchased several boxes of commercial and military surplus ammo for the Nagant revolver at a decent price online from Sportsman's Guide and Cabela's.

I shoot mine and it is a lot of fun.

1,092 Rds. 7.62 Nagant 108 - Gr. Fmj Ammo With Tin - 965882, 7.62 at Sportsman's Guide

1,092 rds. 7.62 Nagant 108 - gr. FMJ Ammo with Tin, sealed for freshness, first time offered!

1,092 rds. 7.62 Nagant 108 - gr. FMJ Ammo with Tin

Buyer's Club
$299.22
Non-Member $314.97

More Info >
Backordered - Expected Availability: May 29, 2012

Brass Metal Cylinder Ammunition Bullet

Brown Rectangle Beige Tan Leather

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.