Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New - Sig P938

Member #
    Liked
    465 times

New - Sig P938

I really love the 238 but thought "if only it was a 9mm". I am not paranoid, but they are listing to our thoughts!

Sig Sauer P938 | Gun Nuts Media

Can't wait to check it out.
    "You can't handle the truth!" - Jack Nicholson

Member #
    Liked
    1943 times
    I think they should have modified that 232 to 9mm. We already have a bunch of those compact 1911 types in 9mm- I think?

Member #
    Liked
    6858 times
    Personally i think Sig , much like Kimber is a little late to the party on the sub -sub compact 9 MM. as bro john notes there are a lot of sub 9's already out there.
    of course the Sig name will sale some but the Sig price will put a lot away from them as well.
    I love the Sig 238 for its size and action , but i don't want anything larger or i can grab something a lot cheaper and just as dependable.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    There are a bunch of "sub" 9mm's out there but only a few companies are doing it right if your talking true sub carry comfortable 9mm's, and even less are doing it in a 1911 config. Ofcourse you have the keltec pf9, kahr pm9, cm9 and ruger lc9 who are among the leaders in the small polymer carry market, I realize there are other names on that list but im talking sales and reliability in addition to size and weight. When it comes to apeaseing the 1911 guys the emp and kimber ultra carry (a couple others also) are among the smallest in the 1911 9mm catagory. The new sig I believe is amaller and lighter than even the emp. And with what has to be a smaller price tag........more desireable.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4057 times
    For the 1911 fan, the new Sig is everything that the others aren't. It's a single action pistol, capable of Condition 1 carry. Being a metal framed gun, it will be slightly heavier than the polymer guns, making high performance loadings a little bit more controllable in recoil, as well. Also, ambidextrous safeties will be a telling point amongst the left-handed.

Member #
    Liked
    6858 times
    yep!!
    the Sig is different mostly from the operation of it, while the gun is about about 3/4 of an ounce heavier than the 238, the same length, width and height its likely still a hand full in the 9 Mm.
    I find my sig 238 as no comaprison to any other micro 380 that i have shot, the gun is accurate to a fault, as so in dependable as well, recoil is considerabally reduced to me, likely the metal gun and 1911 grip, the single action of course is light and crisp, good sights and plenty of acessories form Sig and other for it.
    i think the 938 is list at around the high 800 to 900 bucks.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    642 times
    You better believe I'm getting one. Yeah theres alota small 9's out but there's alota 380's out... and the P238 blows them all out of the water. I would compare them but it's in a league of it's own frankly. The other 380's are basic pocket guns and they work. The sig 238 is like a fine swiss watch that shoots like a full size handgun but carrys like a pocket gun. It can shoot right up with my PT1911's, mostly due to the good trigger and REAL nice sites. It's light enough to carry but not so light it stings when you shoot it... one that's alittle bigger in 9mm? Yep, daddy want.
    RobThatsMe likes this.
    Your Freedom To Be You Includes My Freedom To Be Free From You - Andrew Wilkow

Member #
    Liked
    184 times
    I was so excited to hear that there making these 938's in different config's like they did the 238. I HAVE to have the 938 SAS model to match my 238 SAS.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18868 times
    It's an impressive looking little pistol, and I'm guessing that Sig will do well with it.
    RobThatsMe likes this.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Supporting Member
    Member #
    Liked
    642 times
    I really like it, now that 224 they came out with... eh, not so much.
    Your Freedom To Be You Includes My Freedom To Be Free From You - Andrew Wilkow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links