Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAA Windicator

Member #
    Liked
    317 times

EAA Windicator

Been reading some very positive stuff about these. The manufacture is straight forwards: "not the sleekest, prettiest, or the lightest but gets the job done." I am liking the Magnum. Good reviews as well. Seems like they have decent lock up and trigger not to many failures with these either. It sounds like they shoot in well too. Any one have one?
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun.
    Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

Freedom doesn't mean an absence of all restrictions. It means possessing unshakable conviction in the face of any obstacle.
    --- Daisaku Ikeda

"Gun control is for people who want to be controlled"
    ---AdesteAnimo

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2179 times
    I used to have a .357 several years ago. Was accurate and had pretty good grips. The frame is pot metal construction, but you get what you pay for. It was my work truck gun until it grew legs, and walked off a job site one afternoon. Funny how one of my "co-workers" started asking about different types of .357 ammo after that.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny,

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I almost bought one, a while ago....until I made a point of looking one over very carefully. The trigger guard is so thin, it can be flexed with your thumb. The barrel shroud is actually stamped sheet metal, held on with pins. The biggie for me was that the gun (brand new, just out of the gun store display case) malfunctioned while I was handling it. The cylinder release jammed and would not operate, so the cylinder would not open. I finally got it to work by pushing in on the hammer, while pushing the release forward.

I can't say more than that - that's the extent of my experience with the Windicator. However, I will say that I would NOT buy one, whatever the price.

Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    Good info
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun.
    Sammy "the Bull" Gravano

Freedom doesn't mean an absence of all restrictions. It means possessing unshakable conviction in the face of any obstacle.
    --- Daisaku Ikeda

"Gun control is for people who want to be controlled"
    ---AdesteAnimo

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    8824 times
    I could never get past the rose on the wood grips......
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    2618 times
    I looked at 357 Mag revolver at a gun show a couple of years ago, it was new in the box and the end of the barell had fairly deep concentric rings as if from rapid turning on a lathe. To me it looked like they forgot to finish and crown the barell after cutting it to length. I bought a Taurus 617 instead!
    The Government is not the cure, it is the disease!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The Europeans are notorious for really bad revolvers.

EBK
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I have one in .357 and I am rather pleased with it. It does have a few issues such as on 2 of the chambers it is difficult to pull the hammer back for single action however it always has the same trigger pull and always works in double action.

The lock up on mine (I assume this refers to the cylider locking into firing position after rotation during trigger/hammer pull) leaves something to be desired as there is a bit of play however it has not caused any issues. I have put roughly 250 158 grain .357 mag rounds though this along with at least 20 .38 +P and probably 150 .38 special and have not noticed any wear or change in function of the gun. the issues i have pointed out were present when I bought it. It is my first and only revolver.

Obligatory pic.

As for the guy who said he could flex the trigger guard with his fingers he is full of it trigger guard is made of the same material as the rest of the frame either steel or some type of alloy.
    Last edited by EBK; 01-15-2012 at 07:43 PM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3275 times
    Thanks for the pic, EBK. That Windicator looks like its design is borrowed from Charter Arms. I've always wanted to try a Charter Arms. Maybe someday.

NRA Life Member - TSRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    1189 times
    Is the trigger loop polymer like the Charter Arms guns?
    It's a trick... Get an axe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links