Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any Word on the Charter Arms 9mm Snubby?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1595 times

Any Word on the Charter Arms 9mm Snubby?

It's been about a year since the news went out. Anyone have any late update on CA's 9mm revolver WITHOUT moon clips? Their web site now carries a .40 S&W variation, so I guess they're going ahead. I'm waiting on the 9mm though.

Yes, moon clips work. But I've always regretted not buying an S&W 547 when they were in production, and don't intend to miss out on THIS one. Just like the idea of having a 9mm in pocket-size snubby form.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    As I have absolutely no desire for anything in 40 S&W, I am interested in a 9mm or .45 ACP revolver. Here is an email reply that I got from Dee Ecker about this very topic:

We have secured our Patent Pending standing on the new and unique ejection system.

The new “Pit Bull” is entirely self contained and requires no moon clips or additional support equipment.

The 40 caliber Pit Bull is 416 stainless steel built on the Charter Arms large frame revolver, 5-shot with a 2.3” barrel. The Pit Bull features a stainless steel matte finish and regular spurred hammer.

It is Charter’s plan to follow the Pit Bull up early next year with a 9mm version built on the Charter Arms 416 stainless small frame revolver with a 2” barrel, 5-shot. A .45 caliber is also planned for late 2012 and will feature a newly designed larger frame also all stainless steel and 5-shot.
    chuck_in_texas likes this.
    Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1595 times
    geezer - - - - - thanks! I guess I'll start saving my money. The .45 was an interesting note. Like you, I'm not a .40 fan (nothing against them, I just don't own an auto in that caliber) but I've got .45s coming out of my ears. Now if I just had ANOTHER snubby that used up my surplus 45s . . . . . . .

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    I didn't even get a reply the last time I sent an email concerning the 9mm/380... I don't know about the not using stellar clips on the CARR... I'm finding I like the clips more and more... Smaller than a speedloader, and faster than a strip... The only disadvantage I see is if you don't fire all five rounds and you want to reload only what you fired...

You ought to consider the Taurus 905 snubby, 9mm. Many of the guys here have one, and I have 2 of them. I love mine...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1712 times
    Well guys, I just looked at gunbroker.com and they have 2 of the Charter Arms 40 revolvers for sale NIB..
    Now I dont have a use for the 40 SW and I also regreat not getting in on ther SW 547... but I do have the Taurus 905, Taurus International Manufacturing Inc.. Its a great little snubby. I have had no problem with the Stellar clips. In fact I have extra clips loaded and use them just like a speed loader. The trick is to TWIST the rounds and cases as you load and unload them in or out. By twist I mean like your screwing them in or out of the clip. dont just pull them or force them that will bend the ends of the clips and they wont be worth a damn. I have only thrown 1 clip away in about 300 rds. I bought 4 packages of clips in anticipation of bending them I am still on the two packages.
    U.S.A.F. (76-80), Tx CHL and LIFE MEMBER NRA

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Good news!
    I've been wanting one in 9mm for awhile now.
    Thanks for the update.
    I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.
    Ah crap, its not working.
    Again.

Member #
    Liked
    14428 times
    The last time I talked to Nick Ecker (the owner) they had just worked out the patent paperwork.

The problem getting them into production was the companie's success.

With the current land slide of states authorizing concealed carry Charter Arms was inundated with orders for current production guns.

Like everyone else, they are in business to make money, and did not what dealers to have a back log of orders for folks with cash in hand.

Having been burnt out on the moonclip problemI too and intently interested in the 9mm & .45 ACP CARR revolvers.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Gunblast has a picture of a 9mm Pitbull, at a trade show.

Member #
    Liked
    1247 times
    Thanks for the link... Looks pretty, and I just wrote in another thread I had hesitations about that li'l revolver...

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Interesting...the CA "large frame" revolver. Kind of like the small coffee at Starbucks being called a "Grande". Don't get me wrong, I have 2 CA revolvers: a 44 and a 327 and love 'em, and yes it's their largest frame, but still and all ... I suppose in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. I can't wait for a larger frame .45. Maybe they could use it to make some 6 shot 44's or 7 shot 32's.
    RevolverFan likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links