Taurus Firearm Forum banner

EAA Zastava EZ9

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dbeardslee 
#1 ·
Anyone familiar with these autos? Saw one listed locally on armslist.com and looked it up on Bud's. The guy wants $300 for it, Bud's lists it for $450. From the comments, it seems it was once listed as a $300 gun by Bud's. Just curious if this one's worth it.

#2 ·
From accounts given they're apparently very well made pistols. I think $300 sounds very reasonable, the closest of the two gun shops I frequent has sold them in the past for $350 + tax as I recall. The only downside is I doubt there's much of any aftermarket for them here in the US and finding extra magazines may be a little hard. Other than that I'd say go for it. I intend to get one someday myself, just no idea when that'll be.

Here are some videos of them on youtube.
:D

#4 · (Edited)
Magazines are currently available from CDNN, Able Ammo, and several other sources. On Father's Day, I picked up an EX40, the .40 S&W version of this gun. They are made by Zastava, in business since 1853. The 9mm variant is the Serbian military pistol today. Zastava is also known as VZ.

Mine holds 10 rounds, plus one in the chamber. The pistol is sturdy, locks up tight, has good sights, and the fit and finish are great. No tool marks. The decocker and mag release are ambidextrous, as well. I paid $350.00 for mine.

EAA also stocks parts, magazines, etc. for the guns.

#6 ·
None yet. It's only been out once, so far. I cleaned, and lubed, before it went out with me. It's a duty-sized gun, so CCW isn't it's forte'. Then again, it shoots a lot softer than most .40 S&W mini-guns.

#8 ·
I just Found a Zastava EZ9 for $325 out of CA from an FFL dealer.. I really wanted the The Taurus PT840, or a PT111 but I saw a video made by one of our posters on the forum and I thought this is one of the guns I must own!!.. The thing is though that they are not importing them to the US anymore so they are getting rare and gun shops are selling them at Premium now around $525 used, So my question is should I wait on buying the Taurus to get one of these before they disappear? And at that price should I pounce on it even if I haven't inspected the gun? I only saw pictures of it...

#9 ·
What do you want it for? A collectible? A shooter? Left in the box, it might well appreciate for a while. Then again, another company may start importing them, and value could be lost. I like mine, and it fits the car-gun, or bedside gun, niche well.

#10 ·
Well I was thinking about making it a range gun something to get good with.. not sure if I would wanna CC with it but it seems like a great gun all around, but I am a novice and have never fired that particular gun...

#11 ·
Update on that EZ9 I saw for $325, I went to go purchase it with my step dad's credit card (with his blessing of course, and some very loud choice words in my ears) and some guy in RI beat me to it by 3 hrs... I was so close, now I can't find one in decent enough shape and under the $395 Price. It would have technically been my first real range gun. That Khar P40 doesn't count because I only had it for 2 months and bam house fire melts gun.. So if anyone sees a decent Zastava EZ9 under $400 let me know. ( I don't care what zip code its in I want it!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.