Taurus Firearm Forum banner

57K is a BAD influence...a VERY BAD influence!!!

2K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  olfarhors 
#1 ·
So after agonizingly narrowing down my next gun purchases to a Springfield XDS 4" 9mm and an FN FNS-40 in that order, I placed an order today for a new pistol.

But I wound up pulling the trigger on this guy instead.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

A Canik TP9V2 !

I opted to go for the V2 over the TP9SA, SF, and Elite...based on what I've read here, the SA/DA trigger, and the video review by Canik Fanatik on youtube. Oh and the price on GrabAGun...$309.80 w/ free shipping via an email coupon code. Not bad at all.

So thanks 57K...thanks for feeding my hobby one new pistol at a time. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
My local FFL currently has a few FNS 40 in inventory at decent prices. I am picking up a new FNS-40 with night sites, manual slide safety and 3 magazine's for $369 tomorrow.

He also has them without the manual safety for a little less money.

Yes these are new in box.

He is also very reasonable on his shipping cost.

If interested, Google: Ellis County Firearms in Waxahachie TX.
*Disclaimer, I have no vested monetary or other in this business.

#4 · (Edited)
My local FFL currently has a few FNS 40 in inventory at decent prices. I am picking up a new FNS-40 with night sites, manual slide safety and 3 magazine's for $369 tomorrow.

He also has them without the manual safety for a little less money.

Yes these are new in box.

He is also very reasonable on his shipping cost.

If interested, Google: Ellis County Firearms in Waxahachie TX.
*Disclaimer, I have no vested monetary or other in this business.
Are you getting the blackened slide or the plain stainless? I saw a two tone model w/ night sights on GrabAGun last week for $345 and now it's gone. Not sure WHY the 40 S&W version is significantly cheaper than the 9mm? On gun.deals the .40 is going for around $100 less than the 9mm. They must be dumping over stock of the .40's, that's all I can gather. That or they are discontinuing the .40 model.

#7 ·
Yea, I'm a SA XD series fan, but really liked what I read and saw on the FNS line. I'm a lefty, so the ambi controls (including manual safety if you get one) is a big plus. Not to mention the 3 mags stock. And I'm a Browning fan, so FN being the parent (and made in the USA) was another factor.

I'll still probably snag one up...was hoping I could find it for under $350 shipped. Found a few sites listing w/o night sights but after their cc fee's and high shipping costs, they are just as expensive as the other's offering free or lower shipping. Not sure why the GrabAGun price jumped, like from $345 to $605 overnight.

#10 ·
LOL! But that is a very good price! Also, if you decided you want to add a can or just higher velocity from a longer barrel, Prepper Gun Shop has 4.7" threaded barrels for the V2. Just what you wanted to hear, right? Made by RCM and $200. ;)

#15 ·
Congratulations on your new Canik TP9V2 and may it serve you well! :smile: I look forward to reading your Range Report on it! :smile:
You are going to Love it!

My Canik TP9V1 continues to serve me well, after some 3 years now. It's one of my favorite Range and Carry Pistols. At the Range, it's been a crowd pleaser, for those who've tried it.
So far, I've not found any 9mm Ammunition it won't feed and fire, well.

Accuracy of Canik 55 TP-9 at 50 feet, shot from rest, with Match 124 grain Berry's Bullet reload

Reactions: 57K and wildbilloh
#17 ·
Sounds like a good buy to me, and now you still have two more on the buy list.

#20 ·
When you say "57K" do you mean it as in $57,000? Because you could always send me some of that bad influence if it's bothering you. :D I understand that's a lot of money for one person to bear. No, I know it's another member.

Love the new gun.
Ha...well if I had $57,000 of extra coinage to spend on guns, you dang well better believe I'd be buying more than a Canik! :D

But you bring up a good point. - 57K what DOES your username stand for? I'm going to guess 57,000 rounds he's reloaded so far. :p

#21 ·
57,000 handloads is way back there in my rearview mirror. 57 is the year I was born and K is my first intial.

On the threaded barrels, if I don't buy the new TP9SFx, I may add a threaded barrel for my TP9sa. Don't know if I'll ever buy a can, but the higher performance from a longer barrel intrigues me. So far, the only info I've gotten from Prepper is that the barrels are made by RCM to the same exact dimensions and specs as Canik and there is supposed to be an HK connection in there somewhere.

One of my concerns which is typical for me concerning 9mm barrels is their throat dimensions and the Caniks are great in that regard, but as far as solid information on the RCM barrels, I'll probably have to contact them first hand. ;)

#22 · (Edited)
Interesting! I've considered the XD(M) 4.5 in FDE w/ the threaded barrel for the same reasons. I don't know that I would ever go thru the hassle and expense to buy a suppressor (nor truly have a need for it), but I wonder how the 4.5 threaded compares to my 5.25. Of course SA also now offers a 5" XD Mod 2 to further stir the pot. ;)

FYI, I pulled the trigger on the XD-S 4" as well (Thank you Sportsman's Guide!) I changed it up tho...went for the .45ACP Bi-Tone!

So 2 more new toys to play with hopefully sometime next week, and still waiting on the shipping confirmation of my replacement RIA.

And your username combo never dawned on me to be birth year lol...makes sense now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.