Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: My Glock won't Rock

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8082 times

My Glock won't Rock

After a few years of just shooting Glocks after I worked on them, I felt it was time to dive on into Glock World! So I purchased a new Glock 34 Gen 4 a few months ago. This was ( gee did I already give away the subject of this post ) going to be a competition platform. The Glock 34/35 are very well made long slide pistols made for IPSC and IDPA. Here are the specs from Glock:

Length: 8.74 in.
    Width: 1.18 in.
    Length Between Sights: 7.55 in.
    Height: 5.43 in.
    Barrel Height: 1.26 in.
    Barrel Length: 5.31 in.

Weights
    Unloaded: 25.95 oz.
    Loaded: 33.01 oz.

Trigger Pull / Travel
    Trigger Pull: 4.5 lbs.
    Trigger Travel: 0.49 in.

Barrel Rifling / Length of Twist
    Barrel Rifling: right hand, hexagonal
    Length of Twist: 9.84 in.

Magazine Capacity
    Standard: 17

Name:  PC210005bbb.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  726.9 KB This Lipsey's FDE Glock comes in a nice plastic case and includes 4 backstraps,Glock sight tool, Glock pin tool, Cleaning arm and brush, and three 17 round magazines.

Name:  PC210003bbb.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  667.5 KB Man this pistol is well made. The slide is nice and thick, all edges are smooth, no machining marks anywhere. Barrel is very nice , in general this is the best Glock I have ever field stripped. The magazines are easy to load, the slide cycle time is very fast, the trigger is a consistent 4.5 lb pull with a quick reset. The slide stop is smooth as glass, so easy to operate. But....( you knew it was coming ) I simply can't make this Glock ROCK.

Now I am not stoopid ( well not brilliant either )..I tried this model of Glock at a range before purchasing new from Cabelas for $679. My failing was that I only ran 50 rounds through it, and while it seemed to shoot left for me I wrote that off to lack of trigger time. I shouldn't have. After a mix of 350 rounds of Federal American Eagle, Remington UMC, Blazer Brass 115grn, and 100 rounds of Federal American Eagle 124grn I am still shooting left of center. Not just a little, but between 5-8 inches left of bullseye at 10 yards!!!. Adjusted the rear sight to the max left to no avail. Now this may be related to a serious problem I have with the G34 - My trigger finger gets pinched between the bottom of the trigger blade and the top of the trigger guard. It gets down right painful after about 100 rounds. I figure my finger rubbing on the trigger guard may be causing the POI issues. Certainly after 100 rounds the pain is distracting enough to cause a slight flinch. I AM NOT A WIMP,,sure am whining like one though aren't I. I have owned several Poly and Steel sliders and never had an issue with trigger finger pinch, or out of the box serious accuracy problems, maybe my fat fingers and the Glock minimilist trigger guard simply are not a match.

Name:  PC210001bbb.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  633.1 KB Ignore Osama and focus on the two sighting targets on the left , as you can see my groups weren't nothing to write home about and always to the left. I tried re-positioning my grip and different grip panels, but am getting nowhere. This is at about 15 yards - Oh and in case you think , well ole silverstring simply doesn't have enough punches on his man card to be a good shot - compare the holes in Osama..They were put in there using my Taurus 709 slim at the same distance. The 709 shoots very close to POA, much better than the Glock. The review on my new Christmas toy , the Taurus 709 will come later. ( Hint: I am impressed for less than $250 I got the perfect truck and backup carry gun).

So for all you Glock and not so Glock fans here on TA, I admit defeat. It is time to go shopping again ( Oh I am soooo sad , I gotta buy a new gun ). Oh sure I am like a flighty little girl in a shoe store, but hey its my adventure and I am having a blast.
    TonyC2639 and jwc007 like this.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    20981 times
    If it don't fit yer hand...

Every poly framed Taurus I've ever picked up has fit my hand better than any Glock.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    23378 times
    Some guns don't fit and never will. Sounds like that may be where you are.
    I cant shoot my 34 with two thumbs forward - but there are few guns that I can - short thick fingers. I shoot 'cross thumbs' -- it works for me.

I'm always looking for guns and the grip style Id have. Maybe I'll find a super fit some day - until then I work to improve what I've got.

I've not seen a 34 that trended left like yours.

Glock CS is good. I'd run the problem by them before-bailing out.

Glock and S&W M&P rule the IDPA nationals/internationals Equipment Surveys. There's got to be a reason for that.

I'm ranked in MO state my IDPA class shooting one and see the TA Monthly pistol shootout results.

There are SO many variables - sometimes you have to look harder for an answer. There are a lot of parts to the puzzle. I wish you all the best sorting it out!!
    silverstring likes this.
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    .................................................. ...........................................
    Noam Chomsky

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3670 times
    "I am still shooting left of center. Not just a little, but between 5-8 inches left of bullseye at 10 yards!!!. Adjusted the rear sight to the max left to no avail."

If I understand you correctly, you were shooting left so you moved the rear sight left. If I am correct than you moved the rear sight the wrong way.
    You should have moved the rear sight the direction you wanted the bullets to move.

Member #
    Liked
    1616 times
    Hmm not sure on that... rear sight should adjust left to change point of aim to right methinks...

Make a V with your right index and middle fingers, then hold your left hand's index finger ahead of your right hand. Shifting your V to the left changes angle to the right, similar to the yaw of an airplane...
    silverstring likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoJim View Post
    Hmm not sure on that... rear sight should adjust left to change point of aim to right methinks...

Make a V with your right index and middle fingers, then hold your left hand's index finger ahead of your right hand. Shifting your V to the left changes angle to the right, similar to the yaw of an airplane...
    If you lined up the front sight with the right-hand edge of the rear sight - hold your gun to visualize this - wouldn't that make it shoot way off to the right? I know I often get confused myself, but I think the rear sight will have to move to the right to change the point of aim to the right. That's what I've always heard, anyway.
    Drewski likes this.
    Taurus PT738 TCP / PT111 G2 / PT-22 / 85 / 1911
    Ruger LC9s / Hi-Point 995TS FG
    Hi-Standard M-101 Dura-Matic
    Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22 LR 6"
    NRA Member - KSRA Member - KS CCHL holder
    "Ad astra per aspera!"

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5363 times
    I too have a G34 gen 4 I'm not excited about, it just doesn't perform at the accuracy of my others, but haven't had the extreme results you have had. I'd also recommend calling CS and see what they have to say if it doesn't dial in after a few more practices. I love the G30 gen3 and G26 gen 4, both are mighty accurate for me. I bought the G34 for target shooting, but it's been demoted to a "house gun". Guess I prefer the thicker double stacks, who would've thought? I'm going to practice with my G34 a little more before I decide to keep or sell it.
    Last edited by 88keys; 12-22-2016 at 07:41 AM.
    mingaa and silverstring like this.

Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    "I am still shooting left of center. Not just a little, but between 5-8 inches left of bullseye at 10 yards!!!. Adjusted the rear sight to the max left to no avail."

If I understand you correctly, you were shooting left so you moved the rear sight left. If I am correct than you moved the rear sight the wrong way.
    You should have moved the rear sight the direction you wanted the bullets to move.

to move the POI to the right; move the rear sight to the right...

Member #
    Liked
    16234 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Superzuki View Post

to move the POI to the right; move the rear sight to the right...
    aka "move the rear sight the same direction you want the bullet to move"
    Definition of clip
    : any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    : a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Member #
    Liked
    724 times
    1st let me say I am a long time Glock fan
    that said
    there are 3 things wrong with a Glock
    the trigger
    the sights
    and the trigger
    I had a 34 and it was my least favorite Glock
    loved my 24 and 17L but the 34 wasn't quite right
    I shot my 19 better than I shot it so I let it go to a new home.
    maybe they're cursed.
    silverstring and Yissnakk like this.
    It is my personal belief that any religion that will let you have more than one mother-in-law at a time is not one you will be happy with.
    I also believe there are two career groups of people that you should avoid criminals and politicians.

Taurus Model 80 .38 Spl. 4"
    Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag. 5.5"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links