Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Re: S&W Model 22A-1 Recoil Spacer Charges

cws_dallas, I have a good time with the 22A! It's cool to be able to change barrels, I've had this gun for a couple years. That spacer does flatten out! I agree, my 22A shoots better than I do!
    I use the Federal 36gr "value pack" 550 rounds which I buy from Walmart. I rarely ever have any failures of any kind. You can't beat this gun for the price, I got mine at Gander Mountain for $200!!!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    897 times

I have mostly run the Federal value packs through mine with very few problems. I recently picked up a Win value pack at Wally World. I will be interested to see how they do.
    War is God's way of teaching American people geography. .... Ambrose Bierce

NRA & Texas State Rifle Association Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I also own a SW22A (pre -1) and it shoots like a dream. Mine did not come with extra parts for anything, but they did gratis me a recoil spring when the original became a projectile while I was teaching someone how to field strip and clean it. I do need to get some more of those as mine is just about gone the way of the Dodo. As for ammo mine likes the Federal and Remington value packs but does not perform quite as well with the Winchester. CCI ammo is its favorite treat.

We The People ...
    Clinging to Guns and Religion
    Since [size=20pt]1776[/size]

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I stumbled across this forum while searching for a recoil spacer for my S&W 22A. The pistol was bought used and the recoil spacer was missing. I have trouble finding parts för my 22A (in Sweden that is). I e-mailed Smith & Wesson (USA) to order some recoil spacers, but they wanted $20.00 for shipping. So if that would be car tires the shipping would be $1200. $20.00+ for some plastic spacers is I think a little to much. Therefore I'm wondering, if someone is in progress of ordering parts from S&W and at the same time could order a couple of recoil spacers and be so nice to send the parts by regular mail to me in Sweden. I would be most greatfull. All the expenses will of course be paid in advance.

btw, the pistol works without the recoil spacer, but I'm pretty sure it's not recommended.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

I bought one of the very first ones of these pistols brand new. When I got it it did not have the spacer in it. I had to send it back to S&W because the safety stopped working. When the gun came back it had the spacer in it. I am not to worried about having to replace it all semi automatic pistols have parts in them that need replaced (recoil springs). I do feel the shipping is outrageous for the parts they are sending.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I was glad to find this post, as i am considering buying a s&w 22a. Like flareside i am not concerned about replacing parts on semi pistols.
    Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another. ~Homer

If you don't control your mind, someone else will. ~John Allston

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Mine came with a couple of extra spacers in the box. Haven't had to change one yet.
    The field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night..... http://jkwasblog.blogspot.com/

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I have the 22s with 7" barrel, I need to order the recoil spacer...does anyone have the part number...does the 22A and the 22S use the same spacer? feel free to respond via email @ robertsms33@yahoo.com

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    897 times

For the Model 22A-1, it is "Spare Parts Detail No. 33" "Recoil Spacer" with a reference to page 20 in the manual. For what its worth, when I called them, all I needed to tell them was the Model number and "recoil spacer". I suspect they handle a lot of them.
    War is God's way of teaching American people geography. .... Ambrose Bierce

NRA & Texas State Rifle Association Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links