Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Picked up a S&W Model 15 Today

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  YOT 
#1 ·
On sale for $275.00 I walked in and they were knocked down to $229.00 I was going to get two. I may go back, stupid me....

Here's a pic.

See less See more
#15 ·
Man, you guys make it sound like we need to start checking our cereal boxes for a hidden toy contained within!

#6 ·
They were trade in's or surplus. I don't know where they came from. I was about to pull the trigger on the J&G Sales Model 10, ($299.99)those were imported by Century Arms from the Hong Kong Royal Police. Then, I heard about these locally (Florida) Shoot Straight, if any Florida folks are interested. They had a boatload across the state. 15 were at the store I purchased from.

I know one thing, they a have a sweeeet trigger.

#4 ·
The 15 with original grips, and maybe a Tyler "T", and "4 barrel, is t me the most beautiful and balanced handgun visually for sure and close to that physically, in the world.

#12 ·
Now that is a mighty fine piece.....and a fabulous price! We'll be waiting on a range report!

#14 ·
Congrats! At that price two would have been good.

#16 ·
Beautiful revolver, I love a blue revolver!!!!

#17 ·
Congratulations on your new revolver.

#20 ·
I had a mod 15 till my brother borrowed it three years ago. I haven't seen that gun since. It is a great shooter, and the gun that has made me a die hard revolver fan. It may just be the sweetest shooting .38 on God's blue planet.

Reactions: rollin thunder
#21 ·
I wish that I had about 10 days, a 4" 15 and 1,000-1,500 rounds of ammo to teach my son-in-law how to really shoot.

Learn the DA revolver, and learn it well, with a model 15 , and a very good coach/instructor, and you will never lack confidence with any other handgun. When you start getting tight, quick, groups at 25 yards on a PPC target you will learned so much about the basics of handgun shooting that anything else is no trouble.

I was lucky to have that opportunity. (OK, I had a 5" 27, still the same idea). When you see what you can do with that gun, somehow, you see the .38 in a different light and it really does put the "caliber wars" in a different light.

I

Reactions: morrcarr67
#22 ·
Congrats on the new to you revolver.

#23 ·
Pretty sure that is the same gun as a Model 10, except with target sights. Model 10 has the rear notch in the frame. You got a hellofa deal! Those thing will still shoot straight with half of the rifling shot out of the barrel. I know this from experience.

Reactions: morrcarr67
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.