Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Pt111 problems ?

Just ordered a new PT111,what problems can I REALLY expect to have? Yes,I have owned other TAURUS handguns,some with problems that would never go away & some that were trouble free. Even had a G2 PT140 that wasn't bad. I just don't know a whole lot about a PT111. I guess I'm expecting the worst,but hoping for the best. I bought it thinking there is no reason it won't be PERFECT OUT OF THE BOX. Thanks.
    but what do I know

Member #
    Liked
    97 times
    The PT 111 Pro Gen 3 is a great pistol. Very easy to carry concealed, very safe with one in the chamber ready to go. Mine has a very smooth trigger pull and crisp break (around 4-5 lb), with a very short palpable reset.

Recoil is very easily controlled due to a very ergonomic grip conformation.

Accuracy is spot on with just a little practice (the trigger needs some getting used to, as in all striker fired subcompact pistols with trigger safeties built in) and many people at the ranges I go to are amazed at how far this little gun reaches out to. I don't think it really matters whether it comes with the Heinie Straight 8 or the 3-dot combat sights. It is also very easy to just point and shoot as it naturally fits the hand.

Mine feeds and fires any factory ammo I have tried, a whole gamut of FMJs (round nose, truncated cone, 115, 124, & 147 grains) and bulk and premium JHPs (across all bullet weight categories, too). The only issues I have had are the occasional FTFs with range reloads. I put it down to light strikes on very hard primers put into them, probably cheap ones. I have complete confidence carrying it due to zero problems with factory ammo. Factory magazines available include 10 or 12 rounders plus the 17 round PT 24/7 Gen 1 magazines which fit perfectly.

Easy to break down and clean so it is both a fun range gun and good carry piece.

All in all the PT 111 would be a great acquisition. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Member #
    Liked
    18194 times
    I own two PT111's which have collectively gone over 5,000 rounds without a burp.

So I don't expect any problems out of yours...
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    1954 times
    I had light strikes and feeding jams with Winchester White Box ammo. I had a learning curve to climb as well so I welcomed the clearing drills for a while. The gun made one trip to Miami, stayed twelve days and has had no problems since. It has just over 1600 rounds of all kinds of ammo like DBMMD described. I have a private shootout with a 24/7 compact regularly and it always does a little bit better. It carries easier than three other 9mm guns I've tried. I've liked it from the very beginning.

Please feel that you have done as well as can be done with the range of 9mm handguns available. DBMMD describes the gun very well.
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    52 times
    I have a 1st gen PT111 (9mm). After 10 years I had a problem with the extractor coming aprat from the gun. Taurus fixed it in about 4 weeks. Still shoots fine.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Mine has never given me any issues at all. It's very accurate and I would classify it as one of the most solid guns in the house here. Not to mention, it's a lot of fun to shoot!
    NRA Life Member

Supporting Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23877 times
    Mine worked 100% out of the box and stayed that way.
    Never put off until tomorrow what you can bribe your younger brother into doing today.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    I second what DBMMD said, and Lance0812 describes my experience with mine. I haven't found any ammo that mine won't eat, and the point and shoot accuracy is spot on for me.
    A Veteran is someone who wrote a check payable to Uncle Sam for "up to and including my life"!!

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    100% reliable, only FTF issues is with Tulammo steel case stuff.....

Member #
    Liked
    256 times
    I`ve had mine about 2 months have had no problems shoots great love the sights their the hinne 8.Its easies to conceal than my full size 9s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links