Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

PT 145-Extended Magazines

Hi Guys, would you know if extended magazines (12 or 15 rounders) are available for the PT 145? Peronally, the only drawback to my PT145 as a CCW is the relatively small amount of rounds it can carry as opposed to, say, my PT 92.

Many thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Re: PT 145-Extended Magazines

I know that a 24/7 in 45 acp will FIT, but I don't know how it would function. I tried it out at one of my favorite gun stores.
    However 24/7 magazines will not work in the 800 series guns as they have ambidexterous magazine releases and the 24/7's do not.

Member #
    Liked
    3224 times

I don't believe anyone made a higher capacity mag for the 145, i think due to the jamming issues that had to be corrected in the initial release of the firearm. If you had an 845 you would have the 12 round magazines with it from the factory. Even though the 145 probably came with two mags, it might not be a bad idea to pick up a 3rd one. that would make you have 30 rounds in the event of a firefight compared to a guy who at most would have 2 magazines total. In most cases though, you shouldn't need more than half of the first magazine in a defensive situation.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Many thanks, SCAT and Montkun. I will look into the 24/7 mag. Yes, I have three magazines, which, as Montkun has pointed out, would be more than sufficient in a tactical situation, since as a civilian, my only objective would be to break contact ASAP and bugger out of Dodge City.

I guess it just bothers me because in Manila where I come out of, the bad guys tend to roam around in groups of anywhere from four to twelve in several vehicles, then cut you off on the road to steal your car. Worse, they show no hesitation in opening fire at the slightest sign of resistance and, in some cases, as a show of force to ensure that they can steal their target vehicle.

Then again, I hope it never comes to that.

Member #
    Liked
    3224 times

If the odds are against you like that, might I recommend an AK-47? Or possibly a 12 gauge and some body armor? I heard the Philapines can be rough, but wow. That's just excessive to steal a car. I'd have to drive something that no one would want to steal even if I had the money for something better.
    "I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. Hear it loud, hear it clearly. I am a better American today because of Barack Obama. I know what my country has done, both good and bad. I have a deep appreciation of what this country is and what the American people are capable of. This is not a setback. This is a challenge and believe me, the American people are up to the challenge,...." -Glenn Beck

Member #
    Liked
    1120 times

Yes the 24/7 magazines do work in the pt145. I have 2 that work great in mine. They are 12 rounders. You can buy the magazine sleeve to add to the mag and fill the gap in the grip directly from Taurus.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    12650 times

To me, the beauty of the PT145, is its ease of concealability. Longer mags will make that less so. I think the model is perfect for the purpose, just the way it is.
    Texas is neither southern or western. Texas is Texas!

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree that extending the magazine would destroy the PT145's current concealability. What I had in mind was to carry the ten rounder loaded, with the 12 (or 15) mag as a second, third, etc. magazine. Thanks for the 24/7 suggestion, will look into it.

Yes, if I had my way, I'd carry an M-4, but civilians in the Philippines can only own assault rifles; transporting them is limited to a license covering specific dates and routes.

Believe it or not, a SWAT team style assault to steal your car is a growing trend in the Philippines, or at least Manila. That's because a lot of the bad guys are ex (or even current) police and military.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I just received two 12-round mags from Cabela's and two adapter sleeves from Taurus. The mags lock up great, but the sleves took some minor fitting (they were a little too long and made solid lockup difficult). Once I function test the extended mags at the range, I'll carry with the 10-round mag in my PT145, and the 12-rounder as a spare. The gun actually feels really nice with the longer grip aforded by the extended mag.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links