Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

tritium sights for PT 140

Does anybody here have tritium glow in the dark sights on their 140 mil-pro? If so, where did you get them and how much did they cost? The stock sights are OK for now, but for home defense in low light conditions I think sights that glow in the dark without any outside light source would be a good option. Thanks in advance for the help.

Member #
    Liked
    1039 times

Re: tritium sights for PT 140

Search around here. Here is a post or two of a couple brands that fit the pt145 so they should work. I just can't remember off the top of my head.

Member #
    Liked
    597 times

I've done an exhaustive search and I think this is it for a current production pistol. I have ordered them for my PT745 and will give a report on them once they arrive, are installed and then shot.

Heinie SlantPro 3-D Night Sight

They are expensive but any tritium sight is and I was happy to find sights specific to this pistol.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Just had some Heinies installed on a PT111 Mil. Th dovetail fit is good but the length of the of the rear sight is a little off resulting in the rear sight extended just slightly past (about a 1/8") the end of the slide. Have not fired it yet or done any holster draws and I am not sure if it is a potential t-shirt snagger or not. Hopefully I will try it today.

I also ordered a set of Heinies for a 24/7 and the rear sight was completely off and they can not be used. The problem is the sight does not cover enough of the firing pin block spring cover plate which is held in place by the sight.

You may want to check out Novak. They have a sights that they list for the 24/7 line but I believe the dovetail and height is the same on the Millennium line as the 24/7s so it should work. The sights look nice and the offer color choices so you can contrasting colors front to back and the pricing is the same as the Heinie's.

Member #
    Liked
    597 times

I recieved my shipping notice from Heinie for the tritium sight I ordered, it should be here Thursday evening. This is for a PT745. I will follow up with pictures.

Member #
    Liked
    12261 times

I just put a Wilson Combat tritium inserted front sight on my PT145 (.300" X 60 degrees), but I left the rear fiber optic Fire Sight. Wilson does sell them in a set (part number 367TO @ about $120 IIRC), and Mike McNair posted some nice pics of his - http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...topic=47291.30.

The thing about tritium is that it has a half life of 12 years. What that means is they only last about 10 years and then start getting dim. I figure for PD as long as I can see the front sight I'm good out to 25 yards or so, and with just the front in tritium I'll only have one sight to replace (about $55 including shipping) instead of two. JAT
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

(ahem)

NOT tritium.
    Off duty and CCW: PT 609 PRO Approx 5200 rounds fired
    On duty: PT 24/7 PRO DS Ti Approx 3000 rounds fired ... and finally working well

Member #
    Liked
    12261 times

Rabbit - if they're not tritium they must be superluminova - correct?
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    25 times

Nitesiters. Not self luminescent. Glow in the dark stickers... 8 pack for under $20 shipped.

That was in a room, dark, lit by the room next to it, and 5 seconds of "charge" time with my duty light.
    Off duty and CCW: PT 609 PRO Approx 5200 rounds fired
    On duty: PT 24/7 PRO DS Ti Approx 3000 rounds fired ... and finally working well

Member #
    Liked
    1951 times

I bought Williams Firesights for $120. (I think) They are brilliant in daytime, useless at night. Nightsiters sounds like a bargain. Rabbit, where did you get them?
    Ancient Airman, WWII, Korea
    PT-111 Mil PRO - Evita,
    24/7 PRO DS - Sweetie,
    24/7 PRO C DS - Maxine,
    S&W 60-4 - The Old Man
    PT 1911 - Gilda, the Golden Girl,
    NRA

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links