Member #
    Liked
    0 times

williams firesights for pt745?

i have a pt745 with the straight eight heinie sights. i was wanting to upgrade to some night sights with the 3 dot set up. i came across some sights called "williams firesights" with 2 green dots in the rear & 1 red sight in the front. does anyone have any experience with these sights? do they work well even in "no light" situations?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Re: williams firesights for pt745?

I have the Williams Firesights on my PT145. Not much good in no light. Can't see them at all. They need light to "light" up. Any light around and they are great though. I posted some pics in this forum some time back.

I would rather be over the hill
    Than under it!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I posted pics of mine with the FireSights installed in this thread: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/in...?topic=45718.0

rick1527 is exactly right, these are not "night sights" but rather his visibility daytime sights that provide a 3-dot sight picture with red/green dots and nothing more.

I do have Novak Tritium Night Sights installed on my 24/7 9mm, they are 100% glow in the dark sights, no exposure to a light source needed. http://www.novaksights.com/products/...taurus247.html - I am NOT sure how these would work on the PT-145 with dovetails (Gen 3). A quick look at both dovetails, they look about the same size.

I had the same gunsmith install both of these, for about $20 each.

Hope that helps!

Member #
    Liked
    4880 times

Fiber optics/lite pipes are not night sites!
    they improve visibility if there is ambient light but they will not be visible to any degree in full darkness.
    of course if its dark enough i have no idea of how one would know where to point the night sights at anyway?
    but ?? to each his own!
    a good gunsmiht can pretty much find or make a set of night sights to fit about any dovetailed gun now days, it just cost money!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Links