Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member #
    Liked
    12288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Okay, I ordered my new assembly on Jan. 27th, and received it today - total of 12 days. Not horrible. And yes, they sent both that I ordered....nice to have a spare.

Turns out, my assembly was broken. The top hat piece at the rear of the assembly was broken off and I didn't even realize that this piece was supposed to be part of the green stem - that's how smooth the break was. I thought when I disassembled it that the top hat was a separate piece. THAT is why it took me so long to get everything back together.....after taking it back down, putting the new one in, and re-installing everything, it took about 2 minutes. Much quicker when you have parts tha are not broken.

I'm thankful for the OP for posting the video, because I know I would have ended up sending this gun back to Taurus for a vacation. The video allowed me to avoid being without one of my favorite guns for 6 - 8 weeks, plus the cost of shipping. I also now have a spare assembly, just in case.

Pic is below - of course the one on top is the new assembly, and the one below it is what is left of the original assembly. No wonder it wasn't firing the gun.

This phenomenon is exactly why I fabricated this unit using a nail, an M2.5X45 nut, a 2.5mm washer, and plastic plug. So far I've got 630 rounds on this unit with nary a hitch. And it's not gonna break. Here's the details if you want to make your own - just make sure your read the whole thing as I went through a couple iterations before I got the design nailed (no pun intended ). So you say you don't like plastic firing pin spring assemblies...

Last edited by dbeardslee; 10-15-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    "The marksman aims primarily at himself"
    - Zen saying

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just checked the video and got the response "this video is private, sorry" and that was all. Could not view it at all. Are there any other videos that show this dis-assembly? I just bought my pt145, and there was a LOT of grease on the slide. I'm sure there has to be a lot down in the firing pin channel. I would like to clean it before taking it to the range. Thanks for any help!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    You can find a few other videos on how to remove the PT145 striker assembly on YouTube.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    687 times
    Welcome to the forum, kc3ak! (my bad... ).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links