Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Millenium pro trigger pull?

8K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  GreenWolf70 
#1 ·
Howdy Fellows, I am in the Market for a new Carry Gun, My SIG 229 is just too heavy and i do not trust my Kahr CW9, i am looking into the Millenium series of Pistols, i thought i would have hated them based on popular gossip, but last week i handled one at the Fun Store and i must say i were rather impressed with both the quality of the gun and the big surprise were the trigger pull, i thought i would have hated the trigger but it were rather nice, long but clean take up with a nice light strike at the end. Are yours like this or its just the one at the store that i handled? Are yours reliable? Accurate?

I would appreciate your opinion on the 9mm or .45 , THanks.

Ricey Brown

#27 ·
I have a PT111 Pro purchased last March new. I have put over 3000 rounds of everything through it with no gun related problems but had two different rounds refuse to fire. It is my daily carry as well and have since purchased a PT911 for my wife that after 500 rounds though it has also been perfect. As for the trigger feel they are both fine by me but then I shot revolvers for the last 40 years so I guess I can't really compare the trigger feel to another semi auto other than a Armscor and they all feel the same to me.

#28 ·
I have a PT111 Pro I think it is a little older model. The guys above are marveling at the great triggers
they have. Mine is kind of gronkey and there is so much back lash that the gun moves whenever you
squeeze the trigger. If you squeeze it in DA it does not move. I called Taurus and asked them if I
could have the gun converted to DA only. The answer was a resounding NO. If I shoot the gun with
two hands it does not happen. I have been dry firing this gun every night for about 4 months. My
previous experience is about 40 years worth of bullseye shooting and my guns all have very krisp
triggers. Except for my G34. I can live with that though. I plan to use the gun in IDPA bug class.
Zeke 8)

#30 ·
zb338 said:
I have a PT111 Pro I think it is a little older model. The guys above are marveling at the great triggers
they have. Mine is kind of gronkey and there is so much back lash that the gun moves whenever you
squeeze the trigger. If you squeeze it in DA it does not move. I called Taurus and asked them if I
could have the gun converted to DA only. The answer was a resounding NO. If I shoot the gun with
two hands it does not happen. I have been dry firing this gun every night for about 4 months. My
previous experience is about 40 years worth of bullseye shooting and my guns all have very krisp
triggers. Except for my G34. I can live with that though. I plan to use the gun in IDPA bug class.
Zeke 8)
Wow Zeke, I would have had that bad boy on an all expense paid trip to Miami a while back (well, all expenses except for the 25.00 plane fare to push him in the right direction). Good luck with it, whatever your decision.

#31 ·
Thanks Czechbikr. You guys on this Forum are extremely knowledgeble and you know your handguns.
I'm going to stick with it a little longer. I know a gunsmith who might be able to help me out and
get this gun going the way I would like it. I didn't mention that the gun is very accurate for a small
short barreled pocket pistol. Off of the bench a few of my friends and I managed to put about 25 shots
in the NRA 25 yard black at 25 yards. Which is probably better than I could do with my G17 which I sold.
In any case, thank you for your support.
Zeke

#32 ·
zb338 said:
Thanks Czechbikr. You guys on this Forum are extremely knowledgeble and you know your handguns.
I'll accept the thanks on your CCW, however in the knowledge and experience department I am weighted heavily on the "taker" side rather than the "giver" side.

#33 ·
zb338, make or buy some snap caps and dry fire until either the trigger smooths up, or you develop better trigger control. I have one of the newer Mil Pros but I noticed in SA that once you pull the slack out there is a pretty good, no creep, clean breaking trigger there and in DA that clean breaking notch is still there, almost like a two stage rifle trigger. It makes for much better accuracy once you learn to feel for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.