New G2 owner - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: New G2 owner

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Just got out to the range with my new G2 the other day. Put 150 rds. of Win. steel case stuff through it with just 1 issue. I did have one instance where the gun fed a new round, but it would'nt fire, as in wasn't cocked. I tried a second time, but np luck. I thought the double strike feature would apply here, but no go. jacked in a new round and I was back in business. Rd. had no FP mark on it, and fired in next mag. I thought I maybe had a short stroke caused by the ammo, but after checking, the striker cocks when the slide moves only about 3/4", so to me, that kind of ruled out a short stroke that would prevent it from cocking. Anyone have any clues? I think I'm gonna like this thing.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    I'd like to know if you get any misfires using Remington ammo. I had 2 out of 20 rounds and the primers had deep dents. Some claim "hard caps" are to blame and that Remington's don't work well in striker fired pistols. Others on this site report no problems.
    Parabellum–Latin for "prepare for war," from the phrase, Si vis pacem, para bellum, meaning "If you want peace, prepare for war." Kind of Georg Luger's version of Colt "peacemaker."
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes. ~ Jack Handey
    Every day I live with fear and danger, but occasionally I leave her and go shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    No misfires or FTFs using 115gr Rem FMJs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Para_Bellum View Post
    I'd like to know if you get any misfires using Remington ammo. I had 2 out of 20 rounds and the primers had deep dents. Some claim "hard caps" are to blame and that Remington's don't work well in striker fired pistols. Others on this site report no problems.
    The only Remington ammo I've fired in the G2 was 50 rds. of Remington UMC ball ammo, no failures to fire.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I read somewhere that Remington uses a different primer mixture than the other mfgs. Don't know if that would affect FTF's in some guns.

Member #
    Liked
    261 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1835 View Post
    Just got out to the range with my new G2 the other day. Put 150 rds. of Win. steel case stuff through it with just 1 issue. I did have one instance where the gun fed a new round, but it would'nt fire, as in wasn't cocked. I tried a second time, but np luck. I thought the double strike feature would apply here, but no go. jacked in a new round and I was back in business. Rd. had no FP mark on it, and fired in next mag. I thought I maybe had a short stroke caused by the ammo, but after checking, the striker cocks when the slide moves only about 3/4", so to me, that kind of ruled out a short stroke that would prevent it from cocking. Anyone have any clues? I think I'm gonna like this thing.
    Have factory recoil assembly in gun or aftermarket ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    First post, I just picked up my new Pt111 and took it to the range today. Ran a box of Remington fmj through it without a hiccup. Love the gun and I fully expect it be with me for a long time. Thanks to all on this forum I have read many posts and learned a lot already.
    nevadabob likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    147 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mytwuk View Post
    First post, I just picked up my new Pt111 and took it to the range today. Ran a box of Remington fmj through it without a hiccup. Love the gun and I fully expect it be with me for a long time. Thanks to all on this forum I have read many posts and learned a lot already.
    Welcome to the forum. You definitely have good taste, both in firearms and internet advisors/enablers.
    At the end, no-one has ever said "I wish that I had worked more and played less"

Taurus PT1911
    Taurus PT-140 Millennium G2
    SAR Arms K2P
    Ruger SR22

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus1965 View Post
    Have factory recoil assembly in gun or aftermarket ?
    Factory.

Member #
    Liked
    4873 times
    Congrats on your new shooter! Remember to give it a good bubble bath and light lubing after every range trip. Enjoy!
    I'll give you to the count of three to get off my property...one, two, BANG!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links