Taurus Firearm Forum banner

OWB holster suggestions, please

4K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  Manster 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm looking for a new holster for my G2. Currently I use a Fobus plastic holster, but I want something nicer and more secure. I'd like to get a leather OWB holster that has a thumb snap. Either a paddle holster, or one with belt loops, doesn't matter. I'm sure I could get one custom made, but want to see if anyone knows of any mass-produced ones that I could get that fit the bill, since that'll likely be cheaper. I don't really know who all makes holsters, so I'm not even sure where to look. Galco, Bianchi, Safariland. Anyone else I should look at?

#29 ·
I just ordered a Chief Holster the other day, waiting on it to arrive. No thumb snap, but it looks to be a nice hybrid OWB.

Leather/kydex hybrid OWB beltslide holster for Taurus PT111 - PT140 G2 | eBay
I love my Little Foxx for my current carry and looking for a holster for the PT111 and wasn't sure if a single clip was going to work or not due to the extra weight of the PT111. Are you running the Little Foxx or full size (2 clips)? How's either working in terms of grip/skin contact since the grip is so aggressive?

#6 ·
Don Hume makes good leather holsters that won't break the bank. I don't have a link handy, but a quick google will find them.

Reactions: Taurus1965
#12 ·
DeSantis makes a good owb leather holster that fits the g2

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

Reactions: ETF
#21 ·
Get a Safariland GLS 578 Pro-Fit Compact. All you adjust is the Level 1 retention with the included Allen Wrench. It is a Level 2 retention holster. It fits my PT140 G2 perfectly and I also carry an FNS-40 in it as well with a slight adjustment of the Level 1 retention. I think you will get good use out of this particular model.

Reactions: lapetrarca53
#22 ·
If you're looking for a good leather paddle holster, take a look at Stoner Mountain Leather.
Otherwise, Simply Rugged makes a great OWB pancake holster, comfortable, secure and close to the body.

#23 ·
#24 ·
I've tried the Paddle Lite. Sent it back immediately, because it's a soft leather holster that doesn't hold it's shape at all. It collapses when you draw the weapon, pretty much requiring you use both hands to reholster, or at least have to look at your holster to do it.

#25 ·
I have an Outbags OWB holster for my CZ 75 Compact that it of still leather, but it's a belt loop style. Maybe search to see if they offer a paddle type.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.