Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Laser bore sight for PT 111 G2

7K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  CaptainMorgan 
#1 ·
Can anyone recommend a moderately priced 9mm laser bore sight that fits into the chamber of my PT 111 G2?

#7 ·
#30 ·
Low left on compact pistols is common and more related to grip and finger placement on trigger than a sight problem.
Depending on hand size you may need to see where pad or finger falls on trigger, if the crease of first knuckle is where trigger lays it will pull low left.
There is a chart that has some good info when used as a target to tell you the likely issue.

#13 · (Edited)
Multiple reasons. A couple - your new PT-111 G2 is shooting way low & left. You had others shoot it & they to get same results. The bore sight "could help" in diagnosing the problem(s). As in if it shows true to point of aim, it's an operator issue. If not could be multiple issues known to happen at times in all factory guns. Sights loose and travel during fire. Sights stripped or cracked at post out of sight, barrel lug or other parts out of spec, etc..etc..etc..

Or you just want to squeeze every bit of accuracy you can out of your perfectly functioning G2? Hey - I will never fault a person for wanting to be as accurate as they can be with a defensive pistol. The life they save by *keeping lead on their intended attacker* could be mine, yours or someone else not deserving of lead poisoning. ;)

#14 ·
I see your point but i still would think i would know if my sights were loose and shifted...The G2 is easy because
the front sight has no dovetail...I guess if it shoots way low or high or left or right at 7-10 yds and i used all my sight adjustments
and it didn't correct it.... Something would be out of spec...Operator error would be out of the question if all my other guns
had no issues...I mean to me... If you need a bore sight for a self defense gun at those distances somethings wrong
and a bore sight isn't gonna help you that much...You can look at your sight and see if it has shifted and if something is out of spec
all the sight adjustment in the world wont correct it....Not trying to offend anyone here but to me it is more of a gimmick than anything else.

All that being said i do have a magnetic bore sight that i use on my rifles and it has served me well but a dedicated bore sight for 9 mm
self defense gun is money i wouldn't spend but that's just me.

#18 ·
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to dial in your gun with a bore laser?
It's so easy to do. And it will be spot on. No need for trail and error and wasting ammo. Set it and you're done. I picked one up for $7 when I first got the pistol. The front sight was loose right out of the box, so instead of guessing if I had it straight, used the bore sight and done. It was dead nuts on when I took it to the range.
Whats the big deal? Is it the cost? LOL

#20 ·
So your front sight was loose and your bore sight helped you get it straight??

There must be a ton of play in those G2 front sights that you would need a bore sight
to dial it in at self defense distances.

Especially when you have windage and elevation adjustments on your rear sights.

#19 · (Edited)
A bore sight does not get u dead nuts on...Its a tool that gets you on paper and you dial in your gun from there.
If you cannot get on paper from 7 yds away on a self defense gun...Then you have bigger problems than a bore sight
can cure.

I surely hope no one dials in theirs guns with a bore sight and thinks that replaces shooting it and you are good to go.

So i need to bore sight for my TCP which has non adjustable sights....For what???

Its a self defense gun...I would hope i can hit what i aim at from 7 yds.

As well as any handgun from 7 yds

#22 ·
I guess I didn't paraphrase my example well enough. Please excuse me.
I messed with the rear sights trying to compensate for the front before I realized it was loose.
So yes, It helped tremendously when I did sight it in, after the fact.
I set it up for 10 yards. No issues hitting targets at 7 yards and closer.
I throw it in the bore every once in a while to see if anything changes. After 3000+ rounds things tend to get loose.
I also used the bore laser it to dial in a rail mount laser. That worked great for that application as well.

I get it, you don't like using bore lasers on your self defense pistols. Cool.
But It has worked for me and highly recommend it. Especially for the price, it's a non-issue.

#28 · (Edited)

Attachments

#29 ·
The fact is that if you were attacked at a distance of 7 yards your sights are going to be useless anyway. You would be point shooting unless your attacker was a turtle or maybe a well armed snail. Im not sure that anyone that believes a dedicated bore sight is worthless actually knows how fast 7 yards can be covered by anyone who is super desperate, wounded,scared,or high as. At least the laser bore sight will reassure u of your mostly exact impact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.