Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Pt 111 Millinium, G1

18K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  andycal 
#1 · (Edited)
My neighbor has a 1st gen Taurus PT 111 Millennium, (before Pro) 9mm. I don't own a 9mm, but do load for them.
Kind of rough but runs well and seems to operate fine. The finish is about par for a 12-year-old pistol. The barrel is clean and shiny and seems to be in excellent shape. He wants to sell it to me. The 1st gen looks entirely different than Gen 2.
Look it up, if you can find it. Not much out there on the 1st Gen that I can find. Plenty of holster wear, including fuzz and strings from his pocket. I think they only sold for about $225. Maybe $275, new.
The white dot in the front sight has dislodged and is missing. The front sight is integral with the slide, so changing the sight is not an option. It still looks like a good carry, but it is 12 years old. Both mags are good, maybe one new. 10 round double stack. Can't seem to get any real info or reviews on them.I have a Taurus PT 745 Milinium Pro, and love it. Just a little bulky for carry, IMHO.
We haven't talked price yet, but I would appreciate it if anyone has an idea on value. I don't think I would be able to offer much more than around $100/$150. Any opinions or objections?
The pic is new and the old one doesn't have the grip extension.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
We have seen the new pt111 G2 selling for as low as $199 in the past.........Im not sure if this particular pt111 is part of the recall or not......That being said, im sure he wants more but i wouldnt give more than $100 to $120......

#3 ·
Personally, I'd pass. Mags hard to come by; pistol is part of recall;for <$100 might be worth it - Taurus will swap for G2 or some money (sum unknown- $200??) - but it will require patience should you return to Taurus under recall.

Reactions: Col.TED and BBGun
#4 ·
I'm with Wino...I wouldn't acquire it for carry but as a pistol to send to Taurus for a PT 111 G2 replacement. They're great carry pistols and if it needs work, Taurus will be able to fix them. If the one in question needs work, you'll be getting a replacement anyway. Once you get it to them the swap for a new gun shouldn't be too long as they are making the G2's in volume now. The issue is getting them to send you a shipping label (free) as I'm not certain that they're at that point yet.

If you want to wait for the shipping back and the replacement of a new gun, 150 or even 175 would be a good deal for you. Check to see that the G2 is California compliant before doing anything...or relocate. :cool:

Reactions: BBGun
#5 ·
Didn't see the CA - G2 not on approved list, so definitely a no go on purchase unless really, really, really cheap and you plan on remaining in CA, keeping forever and can afford to lose cost should it go south cause Taurus probably will not or cannot repair. However, they did REPAIR my PT111 Mil Pro returned to them under warranty/recall and Extended Warranty was applied to the serial number for any future problems.

Reactions: BBGun
#9 · (Edited)
#7 ·
Yeah I would definitely pass too. You can get a new one for $199. I guess one could make a case for picking it up for $100 but only to send it back. Lord knows how long you'd have to wait for the payoff though.

#10 ·
As a collector's item, maybe. As a shooter, maybe not.

#12 · (Edited)
My brother in law carries a PT140 1st gen .. Great pistol !!!

I asked him if he was going to return it , (recall) He answered... Heck no !!!! ( G version )

I have a PT145 Pro .. I will never part with this pistol .. On my side as I type this ..

Also a local pawnshop has a Gen 1 PT111 as new in a box they have 225.00 on it ..
I told them about the recall .. They don't know anything about it !!!!

#13 ·
I can only think of one reason to consider buying it. If $100 gets you a reliable gun with no government paperwork...

The white dot is a non-issue, unless CA has banned fingernail polish.

Off him $100 and see what he says.

Reactions: Wino
#14 ·
I would pass however if you want the gen 1 and need mags let me know, I have three OEM mags with grip extensions and a barely used Frontline IWB holster. I sent my gen 1 pt 111 in for an issue not related to the recall. The slide froze open and had to use a good bit of force to get it to move again. Unfortunately the slide retainer and spring came shooting out when I field stripped the gun. I'm still waiting for any word on my gun (they received it August 4th, 2016) and probably won't hear anything for a few years. Didn't matter if my issue was unrelated to the recall, my was added to the bottom of the pile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.