Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    225 times

Re: Hogue slip on grips for a PT 111 Millenium Pro

The Jr. works for a Kel-Tec P11s too. I'd post a picture but mine is at Kel-Tec right now. I'll do it in six weeks when I get it back.

I sold my guns because the Government says they are dangerous.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog341
    They do. I have an OD on my PT145. Will post pics later. To keep them from slipping, I wrapped on layer of co-adhesive tape around the grip. I then put the grip, which I had already trimmed, in hot water for a few seconds. I slipped the grip on careful not to bunch or roll the tape. It will hold it in place very well.
    I haven't been able to find OD or Tan anywhere. Did you get them online or local?

Millenium PT140 Pro - Tan Furniture, Fire Sights

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by jtodaro
    I haven't been able to find OD or Tan anywhere. Did you get them online or local?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...&st=handall&s=

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Member #
    Liked
    225 times

That looks good Devildog341. Color match is pretty close.

I sold my guns because the Government says they are dangerous.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I have used the Hogue Handall Jr (for small autos) on three pistols now. I put one on my Kahr CW9 (single stack 7 round 9mm) which has a stock grip that is too small for normal male hands. It was a huge improvement as it now filled my hand better with the finger rest and side palm swells. I also put one on my 3rd gen PT111 and it also improved the grip. It seems to weld with my hand because of the grippy/sticky texture, the single finger rest under the trigger guard, and the palm swells on the sides. I even managed to put one on my wider gripped PT145, which was no small trick. It also had much improved grip. The CW9 needed the Handall Jr the most as it was too slim for its own good. Slim is sexy, but curves are nice too.

When shooting the PT111 with the Handall Jr, I noticed that I was not as accurate with the first target. I realized that because of the sticky grip, I was not holding the pistol as firmly as I normally would grip the slicker polymer. On the second target I used an Aikido controlled gripping technique, where you grip using your pinky. The other fingers follow suit without needing a strangle hold on the gun. I then was shooting back to normal high accuracy. The slip on grip did not shift at all during 150 rounds and the point of impact was not altered. The gun was more comfortable to shoot with the abrasive checkering covered by rubber.

The gun should be easier to draw if your hands are cold, wet, or sweaty.

One down side is that the sticky texture could make your shirt or jacket ride up and reveal your carry piece.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

Yeah, when I put it on my PT111, it changed my grip for the better, I was alway shooting low and left. Now I am pretty much centered to POA.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

One other trait I noticed was that with the bare polymer, the gun will slide down and seat naturally low in the hand (web of hand high on back strap). If you are not diligent with the Handall grip, you could grasp the gun so it rests high in the hand (web of hand slightly lower on backstrap). The hand sticks to where ever to grab the rubber Handall grip. I had a couple of first shots hit a little low when using the Handall, probably because of this trait.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    945 times

You know that is funny, I was alway gripping low, until I put the Handall Jr. on mine. Now with the finger support under the trigger guard, my hand is high and tight and supports the gun better during shots. I do kind of hate having my finger up against the trigger guard, but it work for my shots.
    ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    10033 times

I bought the Hogue handall for my 24/7 Pro 45acp and a Pachmayr for my Mil Pro 45. I have to admit, I like the Pachmayr better. And I did have to trim a half-oval from the top of the handall on the backside of the grip so that it didn't 'buckle' like you described. Another reason I like the Pachmayr better.
    You all may go to hell, and I will go to Texas - Davy Crockett

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA member and proud Texas CHL holder

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Tex- which Pachmayr did you buy, and do you think it'll fit the 24/7 Pro in .45?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links