Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

FOUND BLACKHAWK SERPA FOR MY PT145!

f you are like me, I love the Blackhawk Serpa Holsters. I went into my local gun shop this morning on my second attempt to see if I could find a Serpa to fit my PT145.

After going through Serpas for XDs Glock, Sig P Series, various H&K, M&P, etc. my last hope was the Sig Pro 2022 Model Serpa. As I was about to submit to defeat, low and behold my PT145 went into the Sig Pro 2022 Model Serpa Holster as if it was made for it and locked!

I tried it several more times and every time perfect. Of course there are few more inches that the PT145 did not take up on the Serpa that made me think after I had returned home, I should have tried a Taurus 24/7 in both 4 & 5 inch to see if they would fit. I am all most sure that they will.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: FOUND BLACKHAWK SERPA FOR MY PT145!

I'm pretty sure I tried every BH SERPA holster with my 24/7 Pro Comp. None of them were wide enough. The 24/7 seems to be wider than most pistols. Long Ago LEO tipped me off that a Bianchi CarryLok built for a Glock 19 works quite well (as in my avatar). I'd love to see if a PaddleLok would also work but I'm guessing it will be too tight as the CarryLok works due to the leather having room to stretch at the seams whereas the PaddleLok is one piece folded on itself... If I can find one in a shop I'll report.

This post is out of date. I have a BH SERPA holster that fits my 24/7 that is made of a H&K P30 that fits perfectly. I believe it was very new when I wrote the above.
    The other gun totin' liberal...

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias" - Stephen Colbert

"My idea of cultural diversity is a man from Alabama talking to a man from Georgia in ENGLISH and both of them are white." - Big Ugly Tall Texan

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger
    I'm pretty sure I tried every BH SERPA holster with my 24/7 Pro Comp. None of them were wide enough. The 24/7 seems to be wider than most pistols. Long Ago LEO tipped me off that a Bianchi CarryLok built for a Glock 19 works quite well (as in my avatar). I'd love to see if a PaddleLok would also work but I'm guessing it will be too tight as the CarryLok works due to the leather having room to stretch at the seams whereas the PaddleLok is one piece folded on itself... If I can find one in a shop I'll report.
    You're right about being wider at least from the trigger guard up. On my first outing to match up a BH Serpa and Saturday until my last attempt with the Sig Pro BH, most seem like they just were not wide enough from the trigger guard up to the slide. One sales guy yelled over try the H&Ks they"re bound to work and I really thought that one of them would.

I have a Don Hume leather belt slide holster that was given to me by a close friend. It has worked with everything that I have ever owned and still own including my PT111 & PT145. However on some occasions I need to wear a Kxdex preferable a Blackhawk.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hey! this is my first post ever. I love the BH serpa's, I have them for both of my pistols. I heard someone say on this site that their 24/7 did fit in their sig pro 2022 holster along with their milpro 145. That's great news. My brother wanted a shoulder holster for his pt 145, so I think im going to recommend the BH serpa with the shoulder mount.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

That would be me Both PT145 and 24/7 fit the Sig Pro 2022 Serpa Holster. I though that I would have to embark on another holster fitting quest after purchasing the 24/7, but as I said they both fit. And speaking of the Serpa Shoulder Mount, I got mine in today and I will purchase another Serpa Sig 2022 just to have one dedicated for the shoulder system.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    2066 times

Veeerrrry Intereeeesting!
    "Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hmmmmmm I thought I read someone else say that both guns fit? It must have just been you. I've thought about buying another holster because it can be a hassle. I hate changing the screws whenever I want to switch carry style! Im also going to get some of those mag holders that snap on to the shoulder rig so I can even out the weight.Midway usa has BH holsters for a bit cheaper than BH website.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Now you boys tell me. I have a Serpa for my Glock 17 and really like it. I recently bought a Fobus for my PT145, and I'm not impressed. Sure wish I knew about the SigPro 2022. Might just have to get the wallet out again.
    H&K USP .45, Sig P232, Glock 17, Glock 27

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I hate the Fobus and it's lack of retention. Serpas are being approved by a study growing number of agencies. O0

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tyozz
    Hmmmmmm I thought I read someone else say that both guns fit? It must have just been you. I've thought about buying another holster because it can be a hassle. I hate changing the screws whenever I want to switch carry style! Im also going to get some of those mag holders that snap on to the shoulder rig so I can even out the weight.Midway usa has BH holsters for a bit cheaper than BH website.
    I want the mag holders too, but not sure which Blackhawk Model I would need with the the harness system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links