Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New from Michigan

2K views 42 replies 42 participants last post by  Fibonacci 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am new here to this forum and have been involved in handguns for only about a year now. I shoot an M&P 9 for range shooting, I have my Michigan CPL and I am currently looking for a GOOD EDC handgun. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject and I am trying to decide which handgun is best for me. The unfortunate part of this whole thing is that all the ranges near me, don't rent Taurus handguns.

I friend of mine has a new SCCY CPX-1 Gen 2 that he really likes and has had good luck with it. I had a chance to shoot it the other day, it was "OK", but I am considering a PT709 slim for my EDC.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I am looking forward to being part of this great forum!!

Tom

#3 ·
Welcome from Kentucky!

#6 ·
Welcome from Oklahoma.

#10 ·
Welcome from Dallas, TX!
Hope you can get your hands on a 709 to try. I love mine!

#14 ·
Hello and welcome aboard the best forum on the net, from Wilmington, North Carolina!

#17 ·
Welcome from Belleville, MI! I have a 709 and love it for IWB carry due to it's "SLIM" dimensions. I carry it with a Theis holster (Crossbreed-type tuckable). While I love my 709, knowing what I know now, I also would have considered a Keltec PF-9 or some other 9mm single stack with a double-action only trigger, as opposed to the 709's single-action (double action with a failure to fire only). But I and many TA members do love our 709's and 740's.

As for Taurus rentals, I know that Fireing Line in Westland does have a few full size Taurus 24/7's for rent, but I don't think they have anything in smaller dimensions like you're looking for. If you're near me, PM me and we can explore meeting if you're looking for a 709 to handle at the range.

#22 ·
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

The Advanced Range; www.advancedranges.com in Flint on center road had several Taurus models to rent on my last visit....

#24 ·
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

#25 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;; PT709 is a good carry gun.

#26 ·
Welcome to the forum from, Daytona Beach, FL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.