Taurus Firearm Forum banner

New Member from Michigan

2K views 41 replies 41 participants last post by  mycustom 
#1 ·
Hello all. Great info on this site for a newbie like me. My wife and I have a 22 pistol and rifle, been to the range a few times. We both have taken a CCW class and applied for CPL. Hopefully CPL will ariive in a couple of months. Trying to decide on what to buy and carry, this website will be alot of help. I seem to be drawn towards a Taurus revolver, but with my very limited knowledge, not sure of anything yet.

#3 ·
Stick around. You will soon pick up on all sorts of advice, tips & helpful hints! This is who we are; this is what we do here.
Oh by the way, welcome from South Tulsa. :)

#5 · (Edited)
Welcome from East Texas.

My advice is find something you can shoot well, and carry that. You can figure out how to conceal it. I prefer a PT 99 because I can shoot it the best but mostly carry it in the winter or when I am wearing a coat. I do have an Old Faithful tuckable holster that I use with a shirt tucked in and you should consider that type of holster. One of the advertisers on this Forum, Theis Holstes, sells tuckable IWB holsters.

I also carry a PT 709 Slim a lot of the time, both IWB in a tuckable holster and in a pocket holster in my trousers pocket.

I will also say that automatics are generally easier to conceal on your person than revolvers.

#6 ·
Welcome from Kentucky!

#8 ·
Welcome from IA Ron! If you are wondering about revolvers and such, you have come to the right place! Just ask a question, and we will try to find an answer for you. BTW, if you are new to the sport and want to get into revolvers, you can't do better than a 605. While you are training and increasing your skill base you can fire the .38 spl, and then if you want to or need to, you can step up to the .357 -- all in the same revolver!

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

#10 ·
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

#12 ·
Welcome from Oklahoma.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

#14 ·
Yellow Facial expression Emoticon Text Smile
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

Brand Logo Graphics

#15 ·
Welcome from Ohio!! I've carried revolvers for a long time, ask lots of questions and you'll get lots of good advice.

#21 ·
A warm welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave:

#24 ·
:wave:Welcome from the Great State of Mississippi.

TaurusArmed.net is staffed by a top-notch group of Administrators, Super Moderators, and Moderators who keep everything on an "even keel", so to speak.

Also, we are blessed with the finest group of forum members I've ever had the pleasure of being associated with.

I'm sure you will enjoy the time you spend here. :thumb:

#25 ·
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.