Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Hi, from Rockford, IL

2K views 45 replies 45 participants last post by  MOONDAWG 
#1 ·
Hi folks, been a gun owner since 2012. Have an XD-40, a 1911 in 9mm, a couple of .22 rifles, and just today purchased a PT709. I've had a Utah CC for a few years, and have just completed the IL CC and awaiting my card. I decided I need to have a 'carry' gun and the price of the PT709 seemed very appealing. Now I've heard good and bad things about the PT709. I still have the waiting period to go thru, so I'll have the gun in hand by next Tuesday. I hope this will be a positive experience.

Anyone have any advice for a new PT709 owner?

Thanks,

Karl

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum from Southeast Tennessee;;

#4 ·
Welcome from Williston!!

#9 ·

​Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

#13 ·
Welcome aboard from another in Northern Illinois! I don't own a PT709 ..yet, but have the PT738 (TCP) and the PT 111 G2. Best advice is to field strip and clean it, flush Gunscrubber or other pressurized cleaner down the FP hole in the breech until it runs clear, lube it up and shoot the heck out of it!! There's a lot of holster options if you poke around the Concealed Carry section.

Mark the weekend of July 8th on your calendar. We are planning a group shoot at Milford Hills by Johnson Creek WI. That should be about an hour from you and it's a beautiful facility. It's a chance to meet some forum members and shoot some different guns!

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firing-line/262481-wisconsin-milford-hills-meet-greet-shoot.html

#16 ·
Welcome from your neighbors in Missouri! I love my 709! Make sure to clean/oil it before the range trip. Magazines are hard to come by but if you find some, order a few (if over $40, leave them). Mine has an eating problem. It will eat anything you feed it and ask for more! ;)

#19 ·
#21 ·
Welcome from Coastal North Carolina to the greatest forum on the Net. Stick around for awhile and you will see what I mean. You will find some great advice and good people here...

#22 ·
Welcome from Florida

#25 ·
Welcome to the forum, Karl. :wave:
We’re pleased that you made the decision to cast lots with us. Jump right in and join in the conversations and make yourself some new friends.

#26 ·
Welcome from Oklahoma

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.