Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Direct TV vs Dish Network vs ATT Uverse

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10266 times

Direct TV vs Dish Network vs ATT Uverse

I know this has been asked in the past, but let me ask for some updated imput.

We are currently with Direct TV. However our equipment is on the older side, we have no recording ability to playback shows we may miss. And the current monthly charge is pure crazy.

What has your experience been with the three providers listing in the post heading. I have searched the internet for reviews and it appears that everyone out there hates all of the providers. But, I also understand that most of society doesn't take the time to post good experiences in life....... Unless it is my fellow board members right here.

Thanks for anything you care to share.
    Boogers are a lot like Birthdays. The more you have the harder it is to breathe.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21324 times
    I have had Dish for 8 years or so (maybe longer). We have had great experiences with them. If we had an issue they were here the next day. Which was only twice, once was to replace old wiring in our house that went bad and just recently we had to swap out a DVR that went bad. They sent a new one and a shipping label, it was very easy.

For what I get (which is just about everything they have in English) the price has always been lower than when I compared it to Direct TV. My parents have Direct TV and from what I can see it looks like they overpay.

I have never had AT&T.
    jonrjen likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    7583 times
    I have had dealings with two providers and in both cases they were more than willing to rape and pillage with their rates and charges. I currently don't subscribe to cable or satellite and instead watch antenna TV. That however brings a big gripe into the picture. Digital television is one of the worst hoaxes ever perpetrated on the American public. Quality is poor and signal is very unreliable. Every time we have the slightest breeze, the signal is disrupted and we live within a 5 mile radius of the broadcast antennas. Rant over.
    jonrjen and Wolf1477 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22620 times
    We've also had dish for about 8 years and love it. We have 3 tv connected though 2 boxes. The one box that controls 2 TVs is HD on one and SD on the other. You can watch both TVs on different channels. You can also record two shows at once. We have about 300 hours worth on on board storage and I can hook up an external TB HD and record much more. That cost $100 a month.
    The hopper is a totally different animal and is awesome from what I hear.
    jonrjen and TexasAviator like this.

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
    PT140 Millenium, PT809, Sig P250, Tok, RIA 1911, Friends don't let friends buy Keltecs...
    Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8 (stolen from William)
    Molon Labe
    I live in a purple house, you got a problem with that?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9918 times
    If at all possible in your area Id go with cable. Ive had bad experience with all 3 that you mentioned. Of the 3 though id say dish network is the lesser of 3 evils.
    jonrjen and RScottie like this.
    I don't always open carry, but when I do I prefer DeSantis.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    For a couple months I had Direct TV a long ways back and as far as billing price they were not much different than local competition . Yeah you get like 200 and something channels but unless you can speak a lot of different languages what good is that going to do for you ? But quality and vision was about the same as any other cable network . What hurt is they will out right lie to you to get you started and they use a HUGH dish they mount on your house top and I didn't like that either . They had to drill 3 big holes through my roof to attach it . Didn't realize it was so big til they mounted it and the holes are like 3/4" or 1" holes . That is pretty big! When I got rid of DTV they didn't want the antenna back so I had to take it down and had to leave the mounts in the roof til a few yrs later when I had to have a new roof put on then they repaired the holes . My wife wanted to go ATT Uverse to save some money but it only offered 2 yr contract you had to have and after 2 yrs price automatically goes up $49.00/mth or to what ever the price is then . But what made the wife change her mind is they did not have the Hallmark channel ..... OH NO !!! That wont work !! So we are still with our local cable company for now .
    jonrjen likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Taurus 24/7 Pro Ds 9mm
    Rossi .357 , 3-in.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1306 times
    Had uverse for four years, but recently switched to directtv. Uverses price kept going up and up to the point that we finally switched. Directtv's hd programming and picture is supposed to be the best (that was actually the comment from my uverse installer), and we have been very happy with the service overall. Had dish years ago and it was good, but i would rate it third of the three.
    ​III

dem·a·gogue
    /ˈdeməˌgäg/
    Noun
    A political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

"Why Johnny Ringo....you look like someone just walked over your grave...."

USN 1987- 1995
    NRA Member

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10266 times
    We only have the option of the three provides mentioned above being out in the sticks. ATT Uverse has only be available out here of about a year or so, but it also seems to have the largest reviews of negative complaints.
    TexasAviator likes this.
    Boogers are a lot like Birthdays. The more you have the harder it is to breathe.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
    We only have the option of the three provides mentioned above being out in the sticks. ATT Uverse has only be available out here of about a year or so, but it also seems to have the largest reviews of negative complaints.
    That's not good . My neighbors have Uverse and has the pass 3 yrs but they are older folks and have a smaller HDTV than mine and no computers so to them they like it just fine however they do mention something about having Blackouts at times which I have no idea what they are meaning .
    jonrjen likes this.
    RonLPT24/7

Taurus 24/7 Pro Ds 9mm
    Rossi .357 , 3-in.

Member #
    Liked
    790 times
    I have had Directv since they took over Prime Star years ago which I had first. I have their full package with all the premium channels with 3 HD TVs in my home. I bill ran about $160 per month and includes the latest HD boxes and DVR as well. I have a whole home network installed by them as well. Now I was going to drop Showtime and Max as I rarely watch either however when I asked they simply gave them too me and stopped charging however as I said I've been with them in 4 states since they became a company. As for service I pay $5 per month for full coverage and things are either serviced in one day or replaced by them.

Now as for Dish Network I don't have however one of my son's does. He recently gave up on it and converted to Directv due to lack of the channels he wanted to see that he either couldn't get or charged a lot more for. I've never watched his TV but know he was very unhappy with it. As for the other company I have no idea about as I've never even heard of it.
    jonrjen and Wolf1477 like this.
    Joe

Owning a gun doesn’t make you any more an armed citizen than owning a guitar
    makes you a musician.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links