Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Big Brother -> encryption (post your public keys)

Member #
    Liked
    2778 times
    If I ever become so paranoid that I feel like I need to encrypt my emails please just lock me in a closet.
    After that slide a few slices of bacon under the door every other hour or so. I can live off bacon forever.
    However I would appreciate it if someone would taste the bacon first and then wait one hour before sliding it under the door to me.
    If that person dies find a new bacon supplier and start the procedure all over again. Just make sure I get bacon.

Uh oh. I hear voices in here.
    OMG they ARE out to get me.
    Never mind. I have my bacon.
    MilProGuy likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3694 times
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblackman View Post
    When I want my post to make no sense, I just turn of the spell checker.
    Looks like you turned it off for this post.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

Member #
    Liked
    20190 times
    Walk like an Encryption...do, do, do, do...do, do, do, do

Choctaw96, Lance0812 and ozzy like this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    21594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gasbag View Post
    If I ever become so paranoid that I feel like I need to encrypt my emails please just lock me in a closet.
    After that slide a few slices of bacon under the door every other hour or so. I can live off bacon forever.
    However I would appreciate it if someone would taste the bacon first and then wait one hour before sliding it under the door to me.
    If that person dies find a new bacon supplier and start the procedure all over again. Just make sure I get bacon.

Uh oh. I hear voices in here.
    OMG they ARE out to get me.
    Never mind. I have my bacon.
    I think you're paranoid enough.
    Keeper of The Pledge

Elected Perpetual Dictator of the Universe by a landslide.
    ∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0
    I have ridden a motorcycle faster than Mach 0.25.

“It has been said that the great scientific disciplines are examples of giants standing on the shoulders of other giants. It has also been said that the software industry is an example of midgets standing on the toes of other midgets.” (Alan Cooper)

Liberalism without Lies is Bralim.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18294 times
    I'm too old and set in my ways to fiddle-faddle around with an encryption program, in an attempt to "hide" or "mask" my communications in a forum such as this or in my emails. I'm not doing anything illegal in either one and have nothing to hide.

If the folks in the federal government "BIG BROTHER" programs will work half as hard on investigating and weeding out the despicable people who plan and carry out their evil and calculated works of mass destruction (i.e., 9-11-2001), as they seem to be doing to the good and decent people who live and work on "Main Street, USA", well...all I can say is that this nation would be a better place for us all.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    1436 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Walk like an Encryption...do, do, do, do...do, do, do, do

I wasn't expecting that. I just spewed Dr Pepper on the cat!
    MilProGuy, ozzy and MOONDAWG like this.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it,
    --- George Bernard Shaw
    Success and failure are equally disastrous
    ------ Tennessee WIlliams
    Both the man of science and the man of action live at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it.
    ------ J. Robert Oppenheimer

Member #
    Liked
    21594 times
    But, MPG, my point is that it is exactly because you are doing nothing wrong that you should be entitled to privacy!
    When did we get idea that privacy should only be used to hide wrongdoing?
    Keeper of The Pledge

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

“It has been said that the great scientific disciplines are examples of giants standing on the shoulders of other giants. It has also been said that the software industry is an example of midgets standing on the toes of other midgets.” (Alan Cooper)

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    18294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw96 View Post
    I wasn't expecting that. I just spewed Dr Pepper on the cat!
    Time for a bath, Tabby.
    ozzy likes this.

In Memory of Erv Bobo, Supporting Moderator

(Lance0812)
    September 23, 2014

Member #
    Liked
    821 times
    @Madkaw, your sentiment is shared, but posting your public key here is not the way to go about building what's called a web of trust. The best way is to have a meeting where you share keys with a group of people. Even though I don't necessarily agree with his political views, cyber-activist and science fiction writer Cory Doctorow describes making a web of trust by building a private key share in his novella "Little Brother." The whole novella is available for free download under a Creative Commons license. Although the author leans too far to port for my political tastes, the novel is actually very timely and describes a group of teens fighting back against the surveillance state. The setting up of a "Web of Trust" key exchange is only one scene in the novella, but it's worthwhile to read. Something everyone here ought to think about.
    Novella available here: Little Brother » Download for Free

Member #
    Liked
    21594 times
    Quote Originally Posted by coypu76 View Post
    @Madkaw, your sentiment is shared, but posting your public key here is not the way to go about building what's called a web of trust. The best way is to have a meeting where you share keys with a group of people. Even though I don't necessarily agree with his political views, cyber-activist and science fiction writer Cory Doctorow describes making a web of trust by building a private key share in his novella "Little Brother." The whole novella is available for free download under a Creative Commons license. Although the author leans too far to port for my political tastes, the novel is actually very timely and describes a group of teens fighting back against the surveillance state. The setting up of a "Web of Trust" key exchange is only one scene in the novella, but it's worthwhile to read. Something everyone here ought to think about.
    Novella available here: Little Brother » Download for Free
    You are correct about the ideal state of setting up a web of trust face to face. But trust is not a binary state. You must evaluate the level of trust conveyed by my posting and use it appropriately. The purpose that I am trying to promote is validly served by this posting. If it becomes necessary to establish a greater level of trust between individuals, that can be addressed at a later time. I am not asking anyone to sign my key.
    Keeper of The Pledge

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links