Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 10 year Hostage ordeal over for 3 Ohio Women

Member #
    Liked
    2007 times

10 year Hostage ordeal over for 3 Ohio Women

Saw this on the news today
    10 year hostage ordeal over for 3 Ohio women | HLNtv.com

3 women who were kidnapped nearly a year apart starting in 2002, were found when one of them Amanda Berry, managed to break free, and with help of neighbors was able to get out of the house they were held in and call 911.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michele Knight all vanished separately, but were being held captive in the same house.
    Then, suddenly, yesterday, Berry managed to claw her way out through a broken door, with a young girl, possibly her daughter.
    She made a breathless call to 911 from a neighbor's house.
    Police quickly moved in on the house and rescued the other two women.
    They arrested a 52-year-old former bus driver -- identified by a local councilman as Ariel Castro -- and his two brothers.
    Berry was last seen after finishing her shift at a Burger King in Cleveland in 2003. It was the eve of her 17th birthday.
    Georgina "Gina" DeJesus disappeared nearly a year later, in April 2004. She was 14.
    Michele Knight vanished in 2002, at age 21, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.

One thing in the recording of her call to 911, that sticks out to me is, she said that "she has been kidnapped, has been missing for 10 years, but she is here and free now, and needed the police", dispatch said "we will send a car as soon as we can free one up" Amanda Berry then said, "no you have to send them right now before he gets back" and dispatch then said that a car was on the way.

Personally i think that a kidnapping, or say someone trying to break into your house, pretty much trumps any situation that doesn't have a life in danger if the police officer leaves it. I.e. a speeding ticket for instance, cause you know at that exact moment somewhere nearby that address, a ticket was being written. And i at least think, it should have been automatic for dispatch to say, ok, these officers are in a gun fight, these are doing a drug bust, but that guy is giving a ticket, so tell him to let the guy go, and get over there. And then we free up other officers to back him up as needed.

Everyone is always saying, "it takes the police, at least some time to get where you are, no matter where they are or how fast they try to get to you" but the first step in that process is dispatch, how many times in the news have we heard of a dispatcher who basically ignored a call because they thought it was a prank, and i am sure those happen very often. But at the same time, is it really worth the risk to not try.

Member #
    Liked
    1038 times
    Could be a little 'Stockholm Syndrome' involved. I'm not cynical, just a bit suspicious.

Doesn't make me unsympathetic at all. It happens.
    Marinevietvet likes this.
    Reputation is about what people see you do. Character is about what you do when no one is looking. (by me)

Member #
    Liked
    7584 times
    It is sad that there are evil people in this world that would do something like this to another person.

People that would do such a thing deserve no mercy.
    USAF Veteran

MOLON LABE

Member #
    Liked
    4216 times
    There were three brothers involved. How does it come up in conversation that you have kidnapped a girl? And then they go along with it.
    I can smell a commie a mile away; they didn't fool me then and they damn sure don't fool me now!ooooLeejack

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Howdy,

What a horrible ordeal they went through.

Even though I'm a Liberal I am a firm believer in the death penalty, not just as a means of punishment but also as a way to rid the World of people who do not deserve to live and these three brothers definitely fit into this category.

They deserve to die a slow painful death.

Paul
    btleslie and Elwood717 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    9699 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aquajim View Post
    There were three brothers involved. How does it come up in conversation that you have kidnapped a girl? And then they go along with it.
    I'm pretty sure that you have to be sub-human and speak the lowest version of dirtbag in order to understand that sort of situation.

I hate the idea of paying for cells for the scum (yeah, I know - not convicted YET) until they die. I'm thinking (CENSORED, to keep PG13 rating).

Round up anyone else who knew, was involved or god-knows-what pile on the charges and take those scum out of circulation as well!!
    If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
    Noam Chomsky

Member #
    Liked
    290 times
    Two Words: Death Penalty,
    nothing less would be fitting punishment for the Years of Trauma and Distress that those 3 POS subjected those Women and their Families to.
    atomiccat2002 likes this.

Too old to fight and too fat to run.
    Do You feel lucky?

Member #
    Liked
    5695 times
    I think the perfect method of punishment would to be to use the three brothers as test subjects for Enhanced interrogations.... "Is this torture? What about this? What about if we did this AND this together?"
    btleslie likes this.
    PT1911 - 45ACP
    PT1911 - 38 Super - Reclaimed by my wife Ldyofpeace
    PT709SS slim
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    8698 times
    I hope the brothers end up in general population, even scumbags hate child molesters.
    btleslie likes this.
    Evil Is Powerless If The Good Are Unafraid. Ronald Reagan
    The Government Is Not The Solution To The Problem, The Government Is The Problem. Ronald Reagan
    Impeach king barack hussein obama
    I Will Not Comply ! Go Pound Sand !
    Hey everyone carry whether it's legal or not, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1393 times
    WTH did the police do over the 10 years. Nothing .
    Last edited by locknload; 05-09-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Language Potential

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Links