Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: MO tells feds to pack sands also

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times

MO tells feds to pack sands also

TXEric, Denton, mingaa and 1 others like this.
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Are you casting asparagus on my cooking? Curly Howard

Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014

Member #
    Liked
    25611 times
    Yay!!
    Sarge likes this.
    Always expect stupidity. You'll rarely be disappointed.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    212 times
    Howdy,

It's a direct violation of the US Constitution for States to interfere with Federal Law(s) or to try to enforce the US Constitution.

Gee, am I the only person on TA that took and had a passing grade in Jr. High Civics class?

Any State law would be more useless than used toilet paper.

Paul

Member #
    Liked
    5302 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

It's a direct violation of the US Constitution for States to interfere with Federal Law(s) or to try to enforce the US Constitution.

Gee, am I the only person on TA that took and had a passing grade in Jr. High Civics class?

Paul
    Power of the County Sheriff

Read this and get educated......Try College instead of Middle school for a source.
    "You gotta ask yourself this. Would you rather have a Glock or a gun?" -Magnum Gauge-

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    Paul,

I'm quite aware of the problems with State Nullification. Legally it is a possibility but the Supreme Court has repeatedly gone against it. HOWEVER what it would do is move the SC to rule on whether that particular law is constitutional or not.

Also if enough states state they are willing to do such an act, the hope is that it may cause the feds to backtrack. I admit, this is a weak possibility. But enough could indeed strain their manpower.

Add in the link Bender provided which states a sheriff is a constitutional officer does indeed give wiggle room. Will that sheriff be opening himself and his department up for trouble from the Federals? Yes. Once again enough doing so would give the gov fits and may indeed strain their available manpower.

An example is the simple laws that exist but are not enforced as they cost too much to do so or are ignored by so many as to make the law unenforceable.

As it stands requiring state, county or city (or local) officials to participate in a federal program has been declared illegal in the past:

In 1997, the Court again ruled that the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act violated the Tenth Amendment (Printz v. United States, 521 U.S. 898 (1997)). The act required state and local law enforcement officials to conduct background checks on persons attempting to purchase handguns. Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for the majority, applied New York v. United States to show that the law violated the Tenth Amendment. Since the act "forced participation of the State's executive in the actual administration of a federal program", it was unconstitutional.
    Sarge
    TexasAviator and valk1999 like this.
    Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest. -- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live. Robert A. Heinlein

Member #
    Liked
    1913 times
    Not that our "beloved President" has not trampled the Constitution before:

KNIGHT: Trashing the Constitution - Washington Times

Sarge

Member #
    Liked
    3404 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

Paul
    NO, but you are one of the few who are pushing the limits of civility. If you wish to be heard, treat the rest of us like intelligent, thinking adults.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    4686 times
    Cool it down folks you may debate law all you want but to infer that you are superior to others is a violation of our Guidelines which is great because we are a private forum and can write our own rules to live by and you have to follow them or we can take action as we see fit.
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    In a part of Texas where it is so flat, you can watch a mistreated dog run away for three days!
    Liked
    11230 times
    We all have Senators, last I remember, two to a state. If a state imposes this law, then that should be a clear mandate to the two Senators who represent that state in D.C. It is a lot cheaper to use this method to influence senators and representatives than to have a general public referendum.

Hopefully, there will never be a street standoff between the feds and the County Sheriff. Were there to be one, I would expect the crafty Sheriff to have a much better feel of the lay of the land and to be readily able to deputize all the back up he needs.

The worst situation the feds could ever do in regards to public opinion would be a battle with a Sheriff and his/her deputies. It isn't going to happen that way or we are all in serious trouble. I think the states exercising their muscles this way is keeping Obama from trying to exercise powers beyond the scope of his job title, so Kudos to all states that do.

Mark Twain once said “In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”

"Fears, not years, make men old!" Mac McCallister

Member #
    Liked
    1314 times
    I wrote my Missouri Rep and Senator just yesterday asking them to introduce a bill such as this. I realize fed law supersedes state law but local law enforcement could fail to enforce it. I live in a rural area, the only law enforcement is either the State Patrol or the Sheriff. I'm going to email my Sheriff to see what he has to say on the matter.
    "We've got a Muslim president who hates farming, hates the military, hates the U.S. and we hate him!". Hank Williams Jr.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links